- NIAC Encouraged That Apple is Looking at Entering Iran October 29, 2014
Washington, DC – National Iranian American Council Policy Director Jamal Abdi released the following statement regarding reports that Apple, Inc. is exploring opportunities to sell goods in Iran should a nuclear deal be reached and sanctions be sufficiently lifted:
We are strongly encouraged by reports that Apple may be looking to ...
- NIAC Statement on Human Rights Report, Executions and Acid Attacks in Iran October 27, 2014
Dr. Shaheed’s report once again highlights that Iran has yet to systematically address the human rights abuses raised by the monitor. Critically, the rate of executions has continued to spike at an alarming rate.
- How Congressional Hawks Plan to Kill Obama’s Iran Deal October 27, 2014
Negotiations with Iran over the future of its nuclear program have not even concluded yet some members of Congress are preparing to manufacture a political crisis over a deal. Their beef? President Barack Obama may initially bypass Congress and suspend sanctions imposed on Iran to make a deal possible and ...
- 37 Organizations to Congress: Quit Playing Politics with Deal to Prevent Iran War October 23, 2014
Washington, DC – The National Iranian American Council (NIAC) was one of 37 organizations to send a letter to Congress today regarding the roles of Congress and the President in sealing a nuclear deal with Iran. The letter was prompted when certain lawmakers reacted harshly to a New York Times ...
- Congressional Hawks Weaken an Iran Nuclear Deal October 23, 2014
With a few weeks to go before the November 24 deadline in the nuclear talks, President Barack Obama is once again facing an invented crisis that threatens to derail negotiations. This time, though, it’s not about protecting the talks. It’s about securing a final nuclear deal with Iran.
- NIAC Hiring Office & Events Administrator October 21, 2014
NIAC seeks a highly motivated Office and Events Administrator. The selected candidate will plan and coordinate event logistics with NIAC’s Outreach team and provide overall administrative support to the organization and its staff.
- LA Fundraiser with Nasim Pedrad October 20, 2014
You are cordially invited to NIAC’s Los Angeles Fundraiser, featuring former Saturday Night Live cast member and Iranian American actress Nasim Pedrad!
- San Francisco Bay Area Fundraiser October 20, 2014
You are cordially invited to attend NIAC’s Bay Area Fundraiser on Saturday, November 15th (just 9 days before a potential U.S.-Iran nuclear deal!) featuring keynote addresses by Roger Cohen from the New York Times and Kamran Elahian, an entrepreneur and Co-Founder of Global Catalyst Partners and Bridge 2014.
- Has Washington’s Focusing on Iranian Nukes Distracted It from ISIL’s Rise? October 17, 2014
With Netanyahu and hawks in Washington hyping the Iran threat, helping to amplify sanctions and diminish hopes for a diplomatic resolution, conditions in Iraq and Syria have been helping give rise to the ISIL resurgence. Moving forward, Iran’s continued status as a pariah state limits U.S. options in addressing ISIL.
- Can U.S. Uphold Its End of an Iran Nuclear Deal? October 15, 2014
With Iran’s Foreign Minister Javad Zarif and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry set to meet in Vienna and the November 24 deadline to the P5+1 and Iran nuclear talks in sight, the White House’s ability to provide Iran with significant sanctions relief early in a nuclear deal remains unclear. ...
- In Vienna, U.S. and Iran Working to Beat the Clock October 15, 2014
Thousands of miles away from the spin factories in Washington and Tehran, negotiators are working diligently to seal the deal.
- Investors: Absent sanctions, “no emerging market has as much potential as Iran” October 2, 2014
Washington, DC – “Iran is going from an emerging to a developing economy. What’s missing from Iran making that leap is connectivity with the West,” said Bijan Khajehpour, a strategic analyst and entrepreneur, while speaking on a panel regarding the business implications of a nuclear deal at NIAC’s 2014 ...
- NIAC Members Take Action at 2014 Leadership Conference October 2, 2014
Washington, DC – “Do not doubt your power, you can make a difference” said Representative Keith Ellison (D-MN), speaking at the National Iranian American Council’s 4th Annual Leadership Conference on a panel considering the role of Congress and grassroots organizations in sealing a nuclear deal with Iran.
Grassroots support was ...
- The Role of Women in the Future of Iran October 2, 2014
Washington, DC – “In some societies, laws protecting women are beyond the culture of the people. In Iran, it is the opposite,” said Sanam Anderlini, Senior Fellow at MIT’s Center for International Studies and co-founder of the International Civil Action Network, speaking on a panel regarding the role of women ...
- NIAC Details Concerns with New Congressional Letter September 23, 2014
Washington, DC – Last Thursday, a group of ten organizations including the National Iranian American Council (NIAC) led an organizational sign-on letter detailing concerns with a new Congressional letter being circulated for signature in the House by Representatives Ed Royce (R-CA) and Eliot Engel (D-NY).
The Royce-Engel letter outlines concerns with the recent missed deadline ...