Latest News & Opinion
- NIAC Condemns Outrageous Terror Attack in Ahvaz September 22, 2018“Tragically, terrorists have again struck inside Iran, killing dozens of civilians at a military parade in Ahvaz. The National Iranian American Council condemns this act of terror and our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. Just as the Iranian people have mourned the loss of Americans ...
- Iran Unfiltered, Week of September 17th September 21, 2018After weeks of uncertainty and debate about whether President Hassan Rouhani would attend the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), it was confirmed this week that he will travel to New York on Sunday for the annual gathering alongside Foreign Minister Javad Zarif.
- NIAC Sends Letter on Long Administrative Processing for Student Visas September 19, 2018NIAC wrote to the Bureau of Consular Affairs and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in regard to reports of long administrative processing times for Iranian students, including visa renewals for those who have already began studying in the U.S, requesting to meet with the offices. Read the letter in its entirety.
- Trump’s Iran Endgame Undermines Major US Security Interests September 17, 2018President Donald Trump’s approach is slated to impoverish the Iranian population, cripple Iranian civil society, and eliminate prospects for peaceful democratic change. Indeed, state collapse and domestic turmoil loom larger on the horizon.
- Sanctions Bar Educational Platform from Servicing Iranians September 14, 2018After sending an open letter to the company, the National Iranian American Council (NIAC) has been working with edX to resolve complications arising from the suspension.