Latest News & Opinion
- Japanese PM Travels to Tehran Amid Tanker Sabotage June 14, 2019In this week’s Iran Unfiltered, Sina Toossi covers the meeting between President Rouhani and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Zarif’s reaction to the oil tanker incident in the Gulf of Oman, and more.
- Critical Committee Debate Examines Trump’s Lack of War Authorities on Iran June 13, 2019In the early morning hours of June 13, the House Armed Services Committee debated an amendment seeking to block an unauthorized war with Iran. It constituted one of the most meaningful Congressional debates on Iran and war powers to date, and will likely lead to a full House vote when ...
- NIAC Statement on Latest Persian Gulf Tanker Attacks June 13, 2019Today, reports broke that for the second time this month two oil tankers in the Strait of Hormuz came under attack. U.S. officials were quick to blame Iran, while Iran’s foreign minister Javad Zarif seemed to deny the attacks and described them as “suspicious.”
- NIAC Welcomes Release of U.S. Resident After Four Years Imprisonment in Iran June 11, 2019NIAC welcomes the release of Lebanese national and U.S. permanent resident Nizar Zakka after four years of unjust imprisonment in Iran.
- Iranian Official Claims U.S. Sanctions to be Lifted June 7, 2019In this week’s Iran Unfiltered, Sina Toossi covers the sentencing of Iranian human rights lawyers, President Rouhani’s statement on possible negotiations with the U.S., and more.