Latest News & Opinion
- Iranian-American Group Warns High-Skilled Immigrants Act Would Hurt Muslim Immigrants, Foreign Nationals from Smaller Countries August 13, 2018According to the National Iranian American Council, the amendment would eliminate per-country limits for employment-based permanent residency and produce serious strains for individuals from smaller countries, especially Iranians and other nationals already subject to the Muslim travel ban.
- Trump’s Sanctions Will Hurt the Wrong People in Iran August 10, 2018The reality is that Trump’s pressure campaign weakens those within Iran who seek more conciliatory foreign relations and a more open political and social domestic landscape. It also empowers Tehran’s most reactionary forces.
- NIAC Calls on edX to End Discriminatory Practices Against Iranian Americans August 8, 2018In response to messages received from its members, NIAC sent a letter today to edX, an online educational platform expressing concern regarding its decision to terminate or reject the participation of students with Iranian background.
- Risks Rise As US Reimposes Sanctions on Iran August 7, 2018This week, a set of Iran sanctions previously lifted under the Iran nuclear deal will snap back into effect as part of President Trump’s complete violation of the accord.
- Experts Weigh in on Iran ‘Snapback’ Sanctions Going Into Effect Today August 6, 2018National Iranian American Council Warns ‘Snapback’ of Sanctions Will Undermine American International Leadership, Empower Hardliners in Iran