Latest News & Opinion
- New Report Says U.S. Return to Iran Nuclear Deal is Possible, Urges Incoming Congress and 2020 Presidential Challengers to Make JCPOA Restoration Foreign Policy Priority November 19, 2018First-of-Its-Kind Report from National Iranian American Council Experts Says There is Still Time to Salvage the Historic Deal
- Restoring U.S. Credibility: Returning to the Iran Nuclear Agreement November 19, 2018NIAC publishes a report on the need to salvage the JCPOA and prevent further disastrous consequences.
- Iran Unfiltered, Week of November 5th November 9, 2018Iranian officials uniformly lambasted the re-imposition of U.S. sanctions targeting Iran’s oil and banking sectors. Figures from across the political spectrum generally described the sanctions as painful but emphasized that Iran would ride them out.
- Iran Unfiltered, Week of October 29th November 2, 2018As U.S. sanctions on Iran’s banking and oil sectors are set to be reinstated on November 5th, Iranian officials emphasize Iran can endure the pressure and will not change its regional policies.
- Experts on the Reimposition of Sanctions on Iran in Violation of the Nuclear Deal November 2, 2018At midnight on Monday, President Trump’s snapback of nuclear-related sanctions on Iran will be finalized. While a portion of the sanctions previously waived under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) came back into force on August 7, the November 5 tranche of Iran sanctions includes many of the most ...