Latest News & Opinion
- Hardline Official Attacks JCPOA as Sanctions Relief Channel Looms January 18, 2019Ahmad Jannati, the powerful secretary of the Guardian Council and chairman of the Assembly of Experts, criticized the Rouhani administration this week for not withdrawing from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
- Iranian-American Group Asks for Clarification of U.S. Detention of Marzieh Hashemi, an American Citizen and Iran-Based Journalist January 17, 2019Hashemi Claims She Was Mistreated in US Custody, Denied Food in Line with Her Islamic Beliefs and Forced to Remove Her Headscarf
- Update: Slack Responds to NIAC’s Letter January 16, 2019Slack responded to NIAC, stating that “Slack users, including users of Iranian descent residing outside of Iran, had their accounts deactivated in error this week. Our system for applying geolocation information relies on IP addresses, and in the process of updating that system, accounts tied to embargoed countries were deactivated.” ...
- NIAC Statement on Bolton Seeking War with Iran January 13, 2019It is imperative that this Congress investigate Bolton’s request for war options and pass legislation placing additional legal and political constraints on the administration’s ability to start a new war of choice.
- Political Prisoner Decries Trump and Iranian Judiciary January 11, 2019A political prisoner arrested for his activism against Iran’s compulsory hijab law and who recently ended a 145-day hunger strike wrote a letter censuring both Iran’s judiciary and the Trump administration.