Latest News & Opinion
- NIAC Sends Letter on Long Administrative Processing for Student Visas September 19, 2018NIAC wrote to the Bureau of Consular Affairs and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in regard to reports of long administrative processing times for Iranian students, including visa renewals for those who have already began studying in the U.S, requesting to meet with the offices. Read the letter in its entirety.
- Trump’s Iran Endgame Undermines Major US Security Interests September 17, 2018President Donald Trump’s approach is slated to impoverish the Iranian population, cripple Iranian civil society, and eliminate prospects for peaceful democratic change. Indeed, state collapse and domestic turmoil loom larger on the horizon.
- Sanctions Bar Educational Platform from Servicing Iranians September 14, 2018After sending an open letter to the company, the National Iranian American Council (NIAC) has been working with edX to resolve complications arising from the suspension.
- Iran Unfiltered, Week of September 10 September 14, 2018Developments this past week consequentially affected Iran’s foreign relations and the domestic balance of power between its political factions.
- Iran Unfiltered, Week of September 3rd September 6, 2018The past two weeks in Iran have seen increased politicking by the country’s various factions and centers of power. President Hassan Rouhani, who has seen two of his ministers impeached by parliament in the past month, was himself questioned by parliament, triggering speculation that his hold on office is growing ...