Latest News & Opinion
- NIAC Statement on Trump’s Tweet Threat to “End” Iran May 19, 2019President Trump’s saber-rattling about Iran has reached a dangerous new low with his threat to “end” Iran—a country of 83 million men, women, and children
- Iranian Officials Discount Possibility of War May 17, 2019In this week’s Iran Unfiltered, Sina Toossi discusses demonstrations at Tehran University against compulsory hijab, Iranian officials ruling out war with the U.S., Iran starting to halt full compliance with the nuclear deal, and more.
- Student Stage Anti-mandatory Hijab Protest at Tehran University May 16, 2019On May 13th, students at Tehran University staged a demonstration against “hijab and chastity plans.” In a statement, the students said they were protesting “the presence and deployment of ‘women’s protection forces’ that have joined previous university guards.” They said these new security forces amounted to a “clear offense to ...
- NIAC Statement on Bolton’s Latest Military Plans for Iran May 13, 2019Today, reports broke that John Bolton ordered updates to a military plan that detailed sending up to 120,000 troops to the Middle East should Iran attack U.S. forces or escalate its nuclear activities:In response, President of the National Iranian American Council, Jamal Abdi, issued the following statement.
- The Best Way to Avert War with Iran? Fire John Bolton May 13, 2019The backdrop to Iran’s decision is incredibly dangerous brinkmanship from senior Trump officials, particularly National Security Advisor John Bolton. Even as Iran has kept open the option of climbing down the escalation ladder, war could become a fait accompli if Trump keeps Bolton in the White House.