Latest News & Opinion
- Trump and Israel Must Not Conflate North Korea Nuclear Threat With Iran August 17, 2017“How can dictatorships be deterred from developing operational nuclear arsenals?” This is a good question posed in an August 10 Haaretz op-ed about North Korea and its potential lessons for Iran. The subsequent answers, however, demonstrate either misdirection or a misunderstanding.
- Iranian American Organizations Condemn Violence and Bigotry Displayed by Hate Groups in Charlottesville, Virginia August 16, 2017As organizations representing the Iranian-American community, we stand united in condemning – in the strongest possible terms – the violence and bigotry displayed by hate groups in Charlottesville, Virginia on Friday and Saturday.
- NIAC: ‘Trump’s Violations of the Iran Deal Begets Unfortunate But Predictable Iranian Response’ August 15, 2017“It should now be clear that Donald Trump’s moves to violate and hold certification of the Iran nuclear deal in doubt are actively destabilizing the accord.
- NIAC Condemns Nazi Violence in Charlottesville and Trump’s Tolerance of White Supremacists August 13, 2017The ‘Unite the Right’ neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Virginia is both a national tragedy and a wake-up call to all who believe in a pluralistic, tolerant, and hate-free society.
- For Netanyahu and the Saudis, Opposing Diplomacy With Iran Was Never About Enrichment August 11, 2017“This was never about enrichment.” The academics and officials in the room were taken aback. For a former senior Israeli official to deny the importance of the nuclear issue was unusual, to say the least. The conversations, attended by American civilian and military officials and other Western representatives, as well ...