Latest News & Opinion
- NIAC Calls on Bank of America to End Discriminatory Practices Against Iranian Americans May 24, 2018NIAC is calling on Bank of America to immediately end discriminatory practices against Iranians and Iranian Americans and to conduct a full review of its procedures related to the suspension bank accounts held by individuals of Iranian descendant.
- Why Trump’s Strategy for Iran Is Likely to Lead to War May 23, 2018His hopes for a “better deal” are based on the myth—partly encouraged by Obama—that sanctions forced Iran to come to terms in 2015.
- Iran’s Leadership After Trump Abandons The JCPOA May 22, 2018With Donald Trump abandoning the JCPOA, all eyes are now on Tehran. How will Trump’s unilateralism affect the balance of power in Iranian politics?
- NIAC Statement on Secretary Pompeo’s Iran Policy Address May 21, 2018Jamal Abdi, the Vice President for Policy of the National Iranian American Council, issued the following statement after Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s address on Iran:
- Important Announcement on NIAC’s Next Chapter May 17, 2018The last seventeen years in which I have led NIAC have been the most rewarding of my professional life. I couldn’t be any prouder of what we have built together at NIAC – and how far we have come in giving Iranian Americans a seat at the table and a ...