NIAC Action seeks a highly motivated individual with political campaign and Congressional experience to join its team as Political Coordinator. Applicants should have a strong commitment to NIAC Action’s mission to advance peace, strengthen U.S.-Iran diplomacy, and maximize the influence of the Iranian-American community and its pro-peace allies.
Responsibilities include: building strong relationships with Congressional offices and campaigns, developing and executing an 501(c)4 endorsement and voter education strategy, coordinating briefings and events with candidates, tracking elections and polling, drafting memos and website content, and conducting some donor management.
- A strong commitment to NIAC Action’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of relevant experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with political parties and/or campaigns
- Experience raising money and organizing events for candidates or for a PAC preferred.
- Experience working with donors and maintaining donor relations a plus
- Knowledge of political landscape regarding NIAC Action’s policy priorities
- Some event-planning experience preferred
- Experience with campaign finance, election laws, and federal lobbying rules a plus.
- Persian language ability and familiarity with the Iranian-American community a plus
- Some travel may be required
Interested candidates should send a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, short writing sample, and three professional references to David Elliott at david[at]niacaction.org. No calls please.