To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Mana Mostatabi at (202) 386-6325.
- Urge Congress to Pass First-Ever Norooz Resolution March 16, 2009
NIAC is very pleased to announce that Congressman Mike Honda (D-CA-15) is about to introduce a Congressional resolution recognizing Norooz, expressing appreciation for the contributions of Iranian Americans to American society, and wishing both Iranian Americans and the people of Iran a prosperous new year.
- NIAC Condemns Incarceration of Iranian-American Journalist March 2, 2009
Washington, DC – The National Iranian American Council strongly condemns the recent arrest and incarceration of Iranian American Roxana Saberi and Iran’s continuing pattern of human rights violations and targeting of the Iranian-American community. The Iranian-American community is deeply saddened and troubled by this event.
- NIAC welcomes appointment of Iranian American Vali Nasr to Obama Administration January 29, 2009
The National Iranian American Council welcomes Iranian-American Professor Vali Nasr’s appointment as senior advisor to special envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan Ambassador Richard Holbrooke, which he has confirmed to Foreign Policy magazine, and we congratulate Dr. Nasr on his upcoming role in the Obama administration.
- NIAC calls on Iranian authorities to honor the human rights of Esha Momeni October 31, 2008
Esha Momeni, a graduate student at the School of Communications, Media and Arts at California State University, Northridge was arrested in Tehran on October 15, 2008 and detained in section 209 of Iran’s Evin Prison – an area under the control of Iran’s Ministry of Intelligence.
- NIAC Statement on Human Rights in Iran August 28, 2008
The National Iranian American Council expresses grave concern about the human rights situation in Iran and urges the government of Iran to respect the internationally recognized rights of its citizens.
- NIAC position on Human Rights in Iran August 28, 2008
NIAC has issued a position statement on the deteriorating human rights situation in Iran. The statement expresses grave concern about the human rights situation in Iran and urges the government of Iran to respect the internationally recognized rights of its citizens.
- NIAC Welcomes Sen. McCain’s Appointment of Iranian-American Liaison July 15, 2008
NIAC welcomes the McCain campaign’s appointment of a special coordinator for Iranian American outreach. McCain’s is the first presidential campaign in history to create a specific position for the purpose of reaching out to the Iranian-American community.
- Transcript of “Breaking the Stalemate” Conference on Capitol Hill available for download June 30, 2008
Full transcripts of NIAC’s Capitol Hill conference “Breaking the US-Iran Stalemate: Finding the Nuclear Fix in the Wake of the Majlis elections” with Senator Dianne Feinstein, Ambassador Tom Pickering and Dr. Hans Blix is now available for download.
- NIAC Files Defamation Lawsuit against Hassan Daioleslam May 15, 2008
On April 30, the National Iranian American Council (NIAC) filed a lawsuit against Hassan Daioleslam in response to his defamatory articles about NIAC.
- Trita Parsi Wins 2008 Council on Foreign Relations’ Silver Medal Arthur Ross Book Award May 14, 2008
NIAC President Trita Parsi has received the 2008 silver medal from the Council on Foreign Relations’ (CFR’s) Arthur Ross Book Award for his work, Treacherous Alliance: The Secret Dealings of Israel, Iran, and the United States (Yale University Press). The prize is the “the most significant award for a book ...
- Parsi: Clinton’s “obliterate Iran” statement irresponsible May 6, 2008
Senator Hillary Clinton’s refusal to express regret for her irresponsible “obliterate Iran” statement is deplorable and reflective of a foreign policy outlook that perpetuates rather than resolves conflicts.
- NIAC Welcomes Creation of First Iranian-American Lobby April 30, 2008
The National Iranian American Council (NIAC) is pleased to welcome the launch of the Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans (PAAIA), the first Iranian-American lobbying organization in Washington DC. Iranian-American political voices can only mature with the advent of more organizations focusing on the community’s concerns. Like NIAC, PAAIA aims ...
- Video of NIAC’s Senate Conference “Breaking the US-Iran Stalemate” April 24, 2008
NIAC’s Senate conference “Breaking the US-Iran Stalemate” with Senator Dianne Feinstein, Ambassador Tom Pickering and Dr. Hans Blix is now available on youtube.
- Video of NIAC’s Senate Conference Panel I April 24, 2008
NIAC’s Senate conference “Breaking the US-Iran Stalemate” is now available on youtube. Below are the clips from Panel I: New Majles, New Challenges?
- Video of NIAC’s Senate Conference Panel II April 24, 2008
NIAC’s Senate conference “Breaking the US-Iran Stalemate” is now available on youtube. Below are the clips from Panel II: Beyond Zero Enrichment – Finding the Nuclear Fix.