• A new round of FBI interrogations of Iranian Americans and members of other Middle Eastern and Muslim communities;
• FBI investigations based on national origin and or past or present activities related to cultural or religious identities;
• Security clearances being revoked and denied due to Iranian national origin;
• Firings and other employment and personal discrimination based on unclear government directives;
• Deportations of Iranians based on minor immigration technicalities and other infractions.
NIAC urges members of the community who have faced such incidents to come forward and share their cases with NIAC. NIAC will be working closely with civil rights organizations to bring the needed attention to these cases.
The Department of Justice, through a Special Counsel for Post 9-11 National Origin Discrimination, has also contacted NIAC and requested information about discrimination and hate crimes to be forwarded to their Civil Rights Division.
NIAC will only share information with the explicit permission of individuals.