To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Mana Mostatabi at (202) 386-6325.
- An Update on Slack December 22, 2018
We thank Slack for working to restore service to those erroneously cut off and for apologizing for their mistake. User access and data must be restored and we hope that Slack will look closely at whether such compliance efforts were necessary in the first place.
- NIAC Calls on Slack to End Over-Compliance and End Discrimination Against Iranian Nationals December 21, 2018
In a new letter, the National Iranian-American Council, the leading voice for the Iranian-American community, is demanding that the technology company Slack stop its over-compliance with U.S. sanctions against Iran and end discrimination against Iranian nationals.
- NIAC Sends Letter to Slack on Account Closures December 20, 2018
We’ve been hearing from members of our community that Slack accounts have been abruptly closed under the guise of sanctions enforcement. We’re looking into getting answers on these unfair closures.
- Iranian Americans Call on Incoming House Oversight and Judiciary Committees to Hold Immediate Hearings on Trump’s Muslim Ban December 20, 2018
National Iranian American Council, 118 Other Organizations Nationwide Urge New Congress to Expose Administration’s ‘Discriminatory Policy as Part of Nationalist Agenda’
- NIAC and 117 other Organizations Call for Incoming Congress to Hold Hearings on Muslim Ban December 20, 2018
With the signing organizations representing tens of millions of Americans, this is the largest statement to date in favor of Congress ensuring stringent oversight over the ban.
- NIAC Signs Onto Pro-Diplomacy Letter Concerning U.S. policy toward Iran December 18, 2018
The National Iranian American Council joined 40 pro-diplomacy organizations in a statement of principles to Congress concerning U.S. policy toward Iran. Critically, the letter (seen below) urges lawmakers to support returning the U.S. to compliance with the Iran nuclear deal and oppose a war of choice with Iran.
- Statement on Earthquake in Western Iran November 26, 2018
The National Iranian American Council expresses its deepest condolences to all those impacted by the earthquake that struck Western Iran on Sunday evening.
- New Report Says U.S. Return to Iran Nuclear Deal is Possible, Urges Incoming Congress and 2020 Presidential Challengers to Make JCPOA Restoration Foreign Policy Priority November 19, 2018
First-of-Its-Kind Report from National Iranian American Council Experts Says There is Still Time to Salvage the Historic Deal
- Restoring U.S. Credibility: Returning to the Iran Nuclear Agreement November 19, 2018
NIAC publishes a report on the need to salvage the JCPOA and prevent further disastrous consequences.
- Experts on the Reimposition of Sanctions on Iran in Violation of the Nuclear Deal November 2, 2018
At midnight on Monday, President Trump’s snapback of nuclear-related sanctions on Iran will be finalized. While a portion of the sanctions previously waived under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) came back into force on August 7, the November 5 tranche of Iran sanctions includes many of the most ...
- Letter to Trump Administration on Sanctions Snapback November 1, 2018
NIAC sends a letter to Secretaries Pompeo and Mnuchin of the Trump administration on the effects of the November snapback of Iran sanctions.
- NIAC Statement on Horrific Synagogue Attack October 27, 2018
We are shocked and horrified by the tragic slaughter at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh this morning, which was holding a Shabbat for refugees
- Responding to Omar Navarro’s Slanderous Attack on NIAC and Rep. Maxine Waters October 25, 2018
Omar Navarro’s accusation is an outrageous and slanderous attack, which is all the more deranged at a time when Rep. Maxine Waters and her office have been targeted by political violence.
- Response to Lindsey Graham’s Racist Remark on Fox & Friends October 16, 2018
“It is absolutely disgusting for Senator Graham to state on Fox and Friends that it would be ‘terrible’ to discover that he had Iranian ancestry from a DNA test. This is not the first time that Graham has made bigoted remarks about Iranians. In 2015, he said ‘I know Iranians ...
- ICJ Orders US to Provide Licenses for Food, Medicine, and Civil Aviation in Iran October 3, 2018
Washington, DC – NIAC President Jamal Abdi issued the following statement after the International Court of Justice ruled that the U.S. must provide licenses for transactions related to medicine, food, civil aviation, and other humanitarian grounds: “Today’s ruling by the International Court of Justice (ICJ) reflects the consensus of the international ...