To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Mana Mostatabi at (202) 386-6325.
- NIAC Condemns Horrific Attacks on Christchurch Mosques March 15, 2019
We are shocked and outraged by the unconscionable terrorist attacks on the al Noor and Linwood mosques in Christchurch yesterday, which claimed the lives of 49 and injured dozens more. We relay our deepest sympathies to the family and friends of those taken in this tragedy, and mourn alongside the ...
- Appointment of Ebrahim Raisi to Head Iran’s Judiciary Signals Resurgence of Hardline Elements March 7, 2019
The appointment of Ebrahim Raisi today to head Iran’s Judiciary—a tremendously powerful institution that has overseen countless miscarriages of justice—is deeply concerning.
- NIAC Statement on Netanyahu’s “Combating Iran” Remarks February 13, 2019
The National Iranian American Council issued the following statement after the Israeli Prime Minister’s office supposedly mistranslated Benjamin Netanyahu’s remarks in Hebrew and indicated that Arab nations and Israel are working to advance “the common interest of war with Iran.”
- MEDIA AVAILABILITY: Experts Available to Discuss U.S.-Led Warsaw Summit on Iran February 12, 2019
Washington, D.C. – Experts from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC) will be available to media to offer analysis of the joint U.S.-Poland summit, billed as a conference focused on Iran as well as broader peace and security issues in the Middle East.
- Important Update on Green Card Legislation February 7, 2019
A new version of the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2019 (H.R. 1044 — previously known as H.R. 392) has been introduced. It is largely identical to past versions but our collective advocacy, meetings, and calls helped to secure one significant exception in the language of the new bill. ...
- NIAC Sends Letter to imo on Blockage of Iranian Users January 23, 2019
We heard from members of the Iranian-American community that they had lost access to contacting their friends and loved ones over the imo communication platform. We sent a letter investigating the blockage of communication between Iranian and American users and seeking clarity on the decision.
- Iranian-American Group Asks for Clarification of U.S. Detention of Marzieh Hashemi, an American Citizen and Iran-Based Journalist January 17, 2019
Hashemi Claims She Was Mistreated in US Custody, Denied Food in Line with Her Islamic Beliefs and Forced to Remove Her Headscarf
- NIAC Statement on Bolton Seeking War with Iran January 13, 2019
It is imperative that this Congress investigate Bolton’s request for war options and pass legislation placing additional legal and political constraints on the administration’s ability to start a new war of choice.
- Expert Reacts to Sec. Pompeo’s Speech in Cairo on America’s Middle East Policies January 10, 2019
Secretary Pompeo’s speech failed to outline a coherent strategic logic for the Trump administration’s Middle East policy. If Secretary Pompeo wants regional stability, human rights, and an end to U.S. military adventures and endless wars, he would press his boss to return to the Iran deal, pursue and facilitate good-faith ...
- An Update on Slack December 22, 2018
We thank Slack for working to restore service to those erroneously cut off and for apologizing for their mistake. User access and data must be restored and we hope that Slack will look closely at whether such compliance efforts were necessary in the first place.
- NIAC Calls on Slack to End Over-Compliance and End Discrimination Against Iranian Nationals December 21, 2018
In a new letter, the National Iranian-American Council, the leading voice for the Iranian-American community, is demanding that the technology company Slack stop its over-compliance with U.S. sanctions against Iran and end discrimination against Iranian nationals.
- NIAC Sends Letter to Slack on Account Closures December 20, 2018
We’ve been hearing from members of our community that Slack accounts have been abruptly closed under the guise of sanctions enforcement. We’re looking into getting answers on these unfair closures.
- Iranian Americans Call on Incoming House Oversight and Judiciary Committees to Hold Immediate Hearings on Trump’s Muslim Ban December 20, 2018
National Iranian American Council, 118 Other Organizations Nationwide Urge New Congress to Expose Administration’s ‘Discriminatory Policy as Part of Nationalist Agenda’
- NIAC and 117 other Organizations Call for Incoming Congress to Hold Hearings on Muslim Ban December 20, 2018
With the signing organizations representing tens of millions of Americans, this is the largest statement to date in favor of Congress ensuring stringent oversight over the ban.
- NIAC Signs Onto Pro-Diplomacy Letter Concerning U.S. policy toward Iran December 18, 2018
The National Iranian American Council joined 40 pro-diplomacy organizations in a statement of principles to Congress concerning U.S. policy toward Iran. Critically, the letter (seen below) urges lawmakers to support returning the U.S. to compliance with the Iran nuclear deal and oppose a war of choice with Iran.