To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Mana Mostatabi at (202) 386-6325.
- NIAC Statement on Trump’s Tweet Threat to “End” Iran May 19, 2019
President Trump’s saber-rattling about Iran has reached a dangerous new low with his threat to “end” Iran—a country of 83 million men, women, and children
- NIAC Statement on Bolton’s Latest Military Plans for Iran May 13, 2019
Today, reports broke that John Bolton ordered updates to a military plan that detailed sending up to 120,000 troops to the Middle East should Iran attack U.S. forces or escalate its nuclear activities:In response, President of the National Iranian American Council, Jamal Abdi, issued the following statement.
- NIAC Deeply Concerned by Continued Deterioration of the Iran Nuclear Deal May 8, 2019
Today, reports broke that Iran will halt compliance with two limits in the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), or Iran nuclear deal, a year following Trump’s violation of U.S. sanctions lifting commitments.
- NIAC Statement on Reports that Iran Will Halt Compliance with Aspects of Nuclear Deal May 6, 2019
“We call on all parties to fully uphold their commitments under the nuclear accord and condemn any and all violations of this agreement that is so important to preventing war and the spread of nuclear weapons. Iran’s potential move risks playing into a dangerous tit for tat that leads to ...
- NIAC Condemns the Iranian Government for the Executions of Two Minors May 1, 2019
Today, reports emerged that two minors, 17-year old cousins Mehdi Sohrabifar and Amin Sedaghat, were flogged and secretly executed in Iran on April 25. The two teenagers were arrested when they were 15 and convicted on rape charges.
- NIAC Joins a Coalition of Over 100 Organizations Opposing DHS Surveillance of Activists, Journalists, and Lawyers May 1, 2019
Today, the National Iranian American Council (NIAC) joined the Center for Democracy and Technology along with a coalition of over 100 organizations in sending a letter to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) urging it to cease targeting activists, journalists, and lawyers based on their First Amendment-protected speech and ...
- Statement in Response to Poway Synagogue Attacks April 29, 2019
Our hearts were broken yet again on Saturday as a terrorist targeted worshipers at the Congregation Chabad synagogue in Poway, California on the last day of Passover. Our deepest sympathies are with the victims of this unconscionable hatred and all Jewish people as they mourn this latest attack on their ...
- NIAC Statement on End to Oil Waivers April 22, 2019
Iranian leaders have until now worked with other global powers to preserve the nuclear deal and wait out the Trump administration. The attempt now to forgo oil waivers and spur Iran’s economic collapse signals a desperate attempt to coerce Iran to restart its nuclear program in order to invite a ...
- Memo: A Snapshot of Visas and Waivers Over One Year of the Muslim Ban April 10, 2019
Last week, the State Department finally delivered statistics on the Muslim Ban to Senator Van Hollen thanks to his tireless efforts to seek answers. These are some key findings based on the statistics released.
- Memo on Trump Administration’s Decision to Name IRGC a Foreign Terrorist Organization April 8, 2019
The Trump administration designating Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) a foreign terrorist organization (FTO) is a dangerous and unprecedented escalatory move that could set the stage for a catastrophic conflict with Iran.
- NIAC Responds to Reports that Trump May Designate IRGC as a Foreign Terrorist Organization April 5, 2019
This potential designation isn’t about adding pressure on the IRGC, one of the most heavily sanctioned entities on the planet that has arguably benefitted more than anyone from U.S. sanctions. It is a well-advertised step in the playbook of Washington hawks who seek to provoke Iran into leaving the nuclear ...
- NIAC, IAAB, and IABA Issue Joint Statement on the Case of Bijan Ghaisar April 4, 2019
Refusing to provide transparency into the investigation, and failing to hold the responsible parties to account, greatly risks an erosion in the public’s trust of the justice system, and continues to deny justice to the Ghaisar family.
- NIAC Urges Treasury to Remove Impediments to Iran Flood Relief Aid April 2, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, April 2nd, 2019 CONTACT: Mana Mostatabi | 202.386.6325 x103 | email@example.com WASHINGTON D.C. — NIAC President Jamal Abdi issued the following statement on the need for the Treasury Department to take steps to ensure that humanitarian relief efforts for victims of Iranian flooding is not impeded by U.S. ...
- NIAC Statement on the Devastating Floods Sweeping Iran March 28, 2019
The National Iranian American Council wishes to extend its deepest sympathies to also those impacted by the unprecedented flooding sweeping Iran that that have left at least 44 dead, injured hundreds, and impacted tens-of-thousands of Iranians across the country.
- NIAC Condemns Horrific Attacks on Christchurch Mosques March 15, 2019
We are shocked and outraged by the unconscionable terrorist attacks on the al Noor and Linwood mosques in Christchurch yesterday, which claimed the lives of 49 and injured dozens more. We relay our deepest sympathies to the family and friends of those taken in this tragedy, and mourn alongside the ...