To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Jamal Abdi at (202) 386-6408.
- NIAC Statement on the Trump Administration’s Undermining of the JCPOA July 18, 2017
“While the Trump administration certified Iran’s compliance with the JCPOA with one hand today, it continues to undermine the nuclear accord with the other by undermining the sanctions relief process. Though Iran’s compliance with the JCPOA has been certified by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) as well as all ...
- NIAC Statement on the Unjust Sentencing of US Citizen Xiyue Wang July 17, 2017
“We condemn the unjust detention and sentencing of Xiyue Wang, a Princeton student conducting research on the Qajar Dynasty in Iran. From the evidence made public by Iran’s Judiciary against Mr. Wang, it appears that his only crime was to read books at a public library. To conflate a historian’s ...
- NIAC Statement on Passing of Maryam Mirzakhani July 15, 2017
Washington, D.C. – Elham Khatami released this statement following the untimely death of Maryam Mirzakhani, the first woman to win the Fields Medal for mathematics: “We offer our sincerest condolences to the friends and family of Stanford Professor Maryam Mirzakhani, who was the first woman and first Iranian to win the ...
- NIAC Applauds Court Ruling in Favor of Grandparents July 14, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Shayan Modarres Phone: (202) 780-9590 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org WASHINGTON, D.C. – Shayan Modarres, Legal Counsel for the National Iranian American Council, issued the following statement regarding the U.S. District Court’s decision to include grandparents, uncles and aunts, cousins, nieces and nephews, and siblings-in-law as close familial relationships: “We ...
- NIAC Congratulates the P5+1 and Iran on the Two Year Anniversary of the Nuclear Deal July 13, 2017
“We congratulate the United States, Iran, and the P5+1 on their choice to remain committed to peace over war and continue to preserve the landmark nuclear deal reached two years ago. It is a testament that vigilant diplomacy will always outshine militarism. The JCPOA is perhaps the most important ...
- NIAC Statement on Court’s Failure to Intervene on Grandparent Ban July 7, 2017
This is an outrageous and inhumane interpretation by the Trump administration, and we hope common sense will ultimately prevail despite the district court’s decision last night.
- Banning grandparents from visiting their American grandkids does not make America safer June 29, 2017
“President Trump’s pathological pursuit of the Muslim Ban has reached a new low by targeting grandparents of American children. “The Supreme Court ordered that Trump’s travel ban could go forward – but could not apply to people who have a ‘bona fide relationship’ with an American. In response, the Trump administration ...
- NIAC Statement on Supreme Court Lifting Injunctions on Muslim Ban June 26, 2017
Today’s Supreme Court decision immediately places the status of many Americans’ families into question again.
- NIAC Statement on the Torching of Nabra Hassanen’s Memorial June 21, 2017
“Regardless of whether Nabra’s murder was the result of a hate crime or a heinous act of senseless violence, the reaction to her passing has exposed the depth of Islamophobia in America among an insidious few, and a loud rejection of hate by the majority.”
- NIAC Statement on Trump Amending the Muslim Ban June 14, 2017
Washington, D.C. – Shayan Modarres, Legal Counsel for the National Iranian American Council, issued the following statement in response to President Trump amending his March 6 Executive Order which seeks to impose a Muslim ban:
- NIAC Statement on Ninth Circuit Ruling Against Muslim Ban June 12, 2017
Shayan Modarres, Legal Counsel for the National Iranian American Council, issued the following statement in response to the Ninth Circuit’s ruling to uphold injunctions on President Trump’s Muslim Ban executive order: “In a step towards defeating the discriminatory Muslim Ban, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled against President Donald ...
- NIAC Statement on Firing of CNN Host Reza Aslan June 9, 2017
Washington, DC – Shayan Modarres, Legal Counsel for the National Iranian American Council, issued the following statement in response to CNN’s decision to cancel the show “Believer” following NIAC Advisory Board Member Reza Aslan’s use of expletive language in response to Trump’s repugnant reaction to the London terror attacks:
- NIAC Statement on President Trump’s Heartless Message to Tehran’s Terror Victims June 7, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Trita Parsi Phone: 202-386-6325 Email: email@example.com Washington, D.C. – The National Iranian American Council released this statement following President Trump’s callous response to the terrorist attacks in Tehran: “We support the people of Iran who have repeatedly demonstrated their dedication to the values of tolerance and diplomacy, despite the ...
- NIAC Statement on Terrorist Attacks in Tehran June 7, 2017
Washington, DC – The President of the National Iranian American Council, Trita Parsi, issued the following statement in response to the terrorist attacks on the Iranian Parliament and the Shrine of Ayatollah Khomeini in Tehran, which reportedly killed 12 and injured 42 people:
- NIAC Statement on Trump’s Muslim Ban Tweets June 5, 2017
The National Iranian American Council issued the following statement following President Donald Trump’s tweets resurrecting his calls for “EXTREME VETTING” and a “TRAVEL BAN!” this morning: