To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Jamal Abdi at (202) 386-6408.
- Response to Lindsey Graham’s Racist Remark on Fox & Friends October 16, 2018
“It is absolutely disgusting for Senator Graham to state on Fox and Friends that it would be ‘terrible’ to discover that he had Iranian ancestry from a DNA test. This is not the first time that Graham has made bigoted remarks about Iranians. In 2015, he said ‘I know Iranians ...
- ICJ Orders US to Provide Licenses for Food, Medicine, and Civil Aviation in Iran October 3, 2018
Washington, DC – NIAC President Jamal Abdi issued the following statement after the International Court of Justice ruled that the U.S. must provide licenses for transactions related to medicine, food, civil aviation, and other humanitarian grounds: “Today’s ruling by the International Court of Justice (ICJ) reflects the consensus of the international ...
- NIAC Condemns John Bolton’s Saber Rattling September 26, 2018
The National Iranian American Council condemned National Security Advisor John Bolton’s saber rattling speech outside the UN in which he ominously threatened that ‘there will be hell to pay’ for Iran.
- Iran Experts Applaud International Community’s Support for JCPOA, Condemn Trump’s Unilateral Bullying of Iran September 26, 2018
Unfortunately, Trump and his team of warhawks are uninfluenced by global opinion, and have inflicted economic pain in Iran, and allied countries, through unilateral bullying.
- Remembering Ehsan Yarshater September 3, 2018
NIAC mourns the passing of Professor Ehsan Yarshater, one of the most eminent scholars of Iranian history, language, and culture of our era.
- Attention: Iranian Students Waiting for F & J Visas August 17, 2018
Is your student visa stuck in administrative processing while your semester start date creeps closer and closer? We understand your frustration. Please contact us at email@example.com.
- NIAC’s Reaction to Mike Pompeo’s ‘Iran Action Group’ August 16, 2018
NIAC Says the Iran Action Group ‘Echoes the lead-up to the 2003 Invasion of Iraq.’
- High-Skilled Immigrants Act Would Hurt Muslim Immigrants, Foreign Nationals from Smaller Countries August 13, 2018
According to the National Iranian American Council, the amendment would eliminate per-country limits for employment-based permanent residency and produce serious strains for individuals from smaller countries, especially Iranians and other nationals already subject to the Muslim travel ban.
- NIAC Concerned by edX Move to Bar Iranians from Coursework August 8, 2018
In response to messages received from its members, NIAC sent a letter today to edX, an online educational platform expressing concern regarding its decision to terminate or reject the participation of students with Iranian background.
- Experts Weigh in on Iran ‘Snapback’ Sanctions Going Into Effect Today August 6, 2018
National Iranian American Council Warns ‘Snapback’ of Sanctions Will Undermine American International Leadership, Empower Hardliners in Iran
- Memo: Consequences of Sanctions Snapback on Iran August 6, 2018
Because such U.S. sanctions primarily target foreign parties transacting or otherwise dealing with Iran, the Trump administration will be actively undermining efforts by the international community to act consistent with the JCPOA and ensure its survivability.
- NIAC Statement on Recent Demonstrations in Iran August 2, 2018
“Ultimately, like any other country, it is up to Iranians living in Iran to decide their country’s destiny. Outside countries or interests who seek to exploit the legitimate grievances of Iranians in order advance their own ulterior agendas only undermine the will of the Iranian people. As outside observers, we ...
- A New Chapter for NIAC August 1, 2018
We have much work to do on our community’s journey to building the political power we are capable of. This transition is a critical moment in that journey – the passage of any organization from its founder to their successor is when a startup becomes an institution.
- Congress ‘Not Aware’ of Authorization for Iran War July 24, 2018
The statement from the legislators indicating that they are “not aware” of any legislative authorization for Trump to use force against Iran is helpful. As Trump ratchets up tension and openly threatens war with Iran, his Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has sought to tie Iran to al-Qaeda and has ...
- NIAC Statement on Trump’s Tweet Threatening Iran War July 23, 2018
Trump’s crazed, all-caps tweet threatening Iran with war last night underscores the danger of supporting the Trump agenda. Minutes after Secretary Pompeo called on the Iranian-American community to support the administration’s pressure campaign on Iran, Donald Trump proved what escalation with an unhinged President at the helm can lead to: ...