To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Jamal Abdi at (202) 386-6408.
- NIAC Signs Onto Pro-Diplomacy Letter Concerning U.S. policy toward Iran December 18, 2018
The National Iranian American Council joined 40 pro-diplomacy organizations in a statement of principles to Congress concerning U.S. policy toward Iran. Critically, the letter (seen below) urges lawmakers to support returning the U.S. to compliance with the Iran nuclear deal and oppose a war of choice with Iran.
- Statement on Earthquake in Western Iran November 26, 2018
The National Iranian American Council expresses its deepest condolences to all those impacted by the earthquake that struck Western Iran on Sunday evening.
- New Report Says U.S. Return to Iran Nuclear Deal is Possible, Urges Incoming Congress and 2020 Presidential Challengers to Make JCPOA Restoration Foreign Policy Priority November 19, 2018
First-of-Its-Kind Report from National Iranian American Council Experts Says There is Still Time to Salvage the Historic Deal
- Restoring U.S. Credibility: Returning to the Iran Nuclear Agreement November 19, 2018
NIAC publishes a report on the need to salvage the JCPOA and prevent further disastrous consequences.
- Experts on the Reimposition of Sanctions on Iran in Violation of the Nuclear Deal November 2, 2018
At midnight on Monday, President Trump’s snapback of nuclear-related sanctions on Iran will be finalized. While a portion of the sanctions previously waived under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) came back into force on August 7, the November 5 tranche of Iran sanctions includes many of the most ...
- Letter to Trump Administration on Sanctions Snapback November 1, 2018
NIAC sends a letter to Secretaries Pompeo and Mnuchin of the Trump administration on the effects of the November snapback of Iran sanctions.
- NIAC Statement on Horrific Synagogue Attack October 27, 2018
We are shocked and horrified by the tragic slaughter at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh this morning, which was holding a Shabbat for refugees
- Responding to Omar Navarro’s Slanderous Attack on NIAC and Rep. Maxine Waters October 25, 2018
Omar Navarro’s accusation is an outrageous and slanderous attack, which is all the more deranged at a time when Rep. Maxine Waters and her office have been targeted by political violence.
- Response to Lindsey Graham’s Racist Remark on Fox & Friends October 16, 2018
“It is absolutely disgusting for Senator Graham to state on Fox and Friends that it would be ‘terrible’ to discover that he had Iranian ancestry from a DNA test. This is not the first time that Graham has made bigoted remarks about Iranians. In 2015, he said ‘I know Iranians ...
- ICJ Orders US to Provide Licenses for Food, Medicine, and Civil Aviation in Iran October 3, 2018
Washington, DC – NIAC President Jamal Abdi issued the following statement after the International Court of Justice ruled that the U.S. must provide licenses for transactions related to medicine, food, civil aviation, and other humanitarian grounds: “Today’s ruling by the International Court of Justice (ICJ) reflects the consensus of the international ...
- NIAC Condemns John Bolton’s Saber Rattling September 26, 2018
The National Iranian American Council condemned National Security Advisor John Bolton’s saber rattling speech outside the UN in which he ominously threatened that ‘there will be hell to pay’ for Iran.
- Iran Experts Applaud International Community’s Support for JCPOA, Condemn Trump’s Unilateral Bullying of Iran September 26, 2018
Unfortunately, Trump and his team of warhawks are uninfluenced by global opinion, and have inflicted economic pain in Iran, and allied countries, through unilateral bullying.
- Remembering Ehsan Yarshater September 3, 2018
NIAC mourns the passing of Professor Ehsan Yarshater, one of the most eminent scholars of Iranian history, language, and culture of our era.
- Attention: Iranian Students Waiting for F & J Visas August 17, 2018
Is your student visa stuck in administrative processing while your semester start date creeps closer and closer? We understand your frustration. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NIAC’s Reaction to Mike Pompeo’s ‘Iran Action Group’ August 16, 2018
NIAC Says the Iran Action Group ‘Echoes the lead-up to the 2003 Invasion of Iraq.’