To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Jamal Abdi at (202) 386-6408.
- NIAC Strongly Condemns the Iranian Judiciary’s Detention of Nasrin Sotoudeh June 13, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Trita Parsi Phone: 202-386-6325 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Washington, D.C. – Trita Parsi, President of the National Iranian American Council, issued the following statement regarding Nasrin Sotoudeh’s unjust arrest and detention in Evin Prison: “NIAC strongly condemns the Iranian judiciary’s detention of Sotoudeh and calls for the immediate release of her and all prisoners ...
- Iran’s World Cup Team Should Be Treated Fairly June 6, 2018
We are disappointed that Nike has boycotted Iran’s World Cup players by refusing to provide shoes to the Iranian national team. We call on the U.S. Government to take immediate steps to address this shameful situation and that Nike actively seek a resolution. FIFA should also take necessary steps to ...
- NIAC Calls on Bank of America to End Discriminatory Practices Against Iranian Americans May 24, 2018
NIAC is calling on Bank of America to immediately end discriminatory practices against Iranians and Iranian Americans and to conduct a full review of its procedures related to the suspension bank accounts held by individuals of Iranian descendant.
- NIAC Statement on Secretary Pompeo’s Iran Policy Address May 21, 2018
Jamal Abdi, the Vice President for Policy of the National Iranian American Council, issued the following statement after Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s address on Iran:
- NIAC Statement on Designation of CBI Officials May 15, 2018
Washington, DC – NIAC Vice President for Policy Jamal Abdi issued the following statement regarding the Trump administration’s designation of the governor and a senior official of the Central Bank of Iran:
- NIAC Sends Letter to Bank of America Demanding Immediate End to Bank Account Closures May 9, 2018
Washington, D.C. — Today, the National Iranian American Council (NIAC) delivered a letter to Bank of America CEO, Brian T. Moynihan, concerning the alarming amount of customers of Iranian descent that have contacted NIAC because they have had their bank accounts suspended or closed, and funds wrongfully withheld, without any ...
- NIAC: Trump’s Reckless Decision Puts US on Path to War with Iran May 8, 2018
Washington, DC – NIAC President Trita Parsi issued the following statement after President Trump declared he would not extend a key sanctions waiver as obligated by the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), or Iran nuclear deal:
- MEDIA AVAILABILITY: Experts Available to Discuss Trump Waiver Decision May 7, 2018
Washington, D.C. – Experts from the National Iranian American Council (NIAC) will be available to media to offer analysis of President Trump’s decision whether or not to waive sanctions necessary under the Iran nuclear deal also known as the JCPOA. President Trump tweeted that he will announce his decision at ...
- Netanyahu Continues His Push to Unravel the Iran Nuclear Deal April 30, 2018
Washington, DC – Trita Parsi, President of the National Iranian American Council, issued the following statement regarding Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s presentation on Iran’s nuclear program:
- NIAC and the Coalition’s Fight Against the Muslim Ban April 25, 2018
Today, after a more than a year of fighting back against the Muslim Ban, our community finally got our day in the highest court in the United States, which will decide whether a Muslim Ban will become the official immigration policy of our country.
- NIAC Statement on Trump’s Iran Threat April 24, 2018
“The President is setting up a dangerous catch-22 with Iran. Trump is threatening war if Iran restarts nuclear activities on one hand while he unravels the very agreement that prevents a nuclear-armed Iran on the other. This is more than a war of words, the President is setting us up for a very real ...
- Pompeo to Lose Foreign Relations Committee Vote April 20, 2018
Washington, DC – NIAC Action Executive Director Jamal Abdi issued the following statement after a majority of the members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee announced their opposition to Secretary of State nominee Mike Pompeo: “This is a blow to Pompeo’s standing that will haunt him even if he is confirmed. ...
- NIAC Statement on Syria Strikes April 13, 2018
National Iranian American Council Research Director Reza Marashi released the following statement on the strikes on Syria.
- Our Community Must Not Be Divided at this Critical Moment April 8, 2018
A recent piece by Eli Lake, where he attacks NIAC through the words of Dr. Shirin Ebadi to advance his own dangerous agenda for Iran, comes at a time when unity in our community is needed more than ever.
- NIAC Demands Transparency From DOJ in Bijan Ghaisar Police Shooting March 28, 2018
This morning, the National Iranian American Council (NIAC) sent a letter to United States Attorney General Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, III and United States Attorney for the District of Columbia, Jessie K. Liu, urging them to release 911 calls from November 17, 2017, the night 25 year-old unarmed Iranian American Bijan ...