To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Jamal Abdi at (202) 386-6408.
- Iranian-American Group Asks for Clarification of U.S. Detention of Marzieh Hashemi, an American Citizen and Iran-Based Journalist January 17, 2019
Hashemi Claims She Was Mistreated in US Custody, Denied Food in Line with Her Islamic Beliefs and Forced to Remove Her Headscarf
- NIAC Statement on Bolton Seeking War with Iran January 13, 2019
It is imperative that this Congress investigate Bolton’s request for war options and pass legislation placing additional legal and political constraints on the administration’s ability to start a new war of choice.
- Expert Reacts to Sec. Pompeo’s Speech in Cairo on America’s Middle East Policies January 10, 2019
Secretary Pompeo’s speech failed to outline a coherent strategic logic for the Trump administration’s Middle East policy. If Secretary Pompeo wants regional stability, human rights, and an end to U.S. military adventures and endless wars, he would press his boss to return to the Iran deal, pursue and facilitate good-faith ...
- An Update on Slack December 22, 2018
We thank Slack for working to restore service to those erroneously cut off and for apologizing for their mistake. User access and data must be restored and we hope that Slack will look closely at whether such compliance efforts were necessary in the first place.
- NIAC Calls on Slack to End Over-Compliance and End Discrimination Against Iranian Nationals December 21, 2018
In a new letter, the National Iranian-American Council, the leading voice for the Iranian-American community, is demanding that the technology company Slack stop its over-compliance with U.S. sanctions against Iran and end discrimination against Iranian nationals.
- NIAC Sends Letter to Slack on Account Closures December 20, 2018
We’ve been hearing from members of our community that Slack accounts have been abruptly closed under the guise of sanctions enforcement. We’re looking into getting answers on these unfair closures.
- Iranian Americans Call on Incoming House Oversight and Judiciary Committees to Hold Immediate Hearings on Trump’s Muslim Ban December 20, 2018
National Iranian American Council, 118 Other Organizations Nationwide Urge New Congress to Expose Administration’s ‘Discriminatory Policy as Part of Nationalist Agenda’
- NIAC and 117 other Organizations Call for Incoming Congress to Hold Hearings on Muslim Ban December 20, 2018
With the signing organizations representing tens of millions of Americans, this is the largest statement to date in favor of Congress ensuring stringent oversight over the ban.
- NIAC Signs Onto Pro-Diplomacy Letter Concerning U.S. policy toward Iran December 18, 2018
The National Iranian American Council joined 40 pro-diplomacy organizations in a statement of principles to Congress concerning U.S. policy toward Iran. Critically, the letter (seen below) urges lawmakers to support returning the U.S. to compliance with the Iran nuclear deal and oppose a war of choice with Iran.
- Statement on Earthquake in Western Iran November 26, 2018
The National Iranian American Council expresses its deepest condolences to all those impacted by the earthquake that struck Western Iran on Sunday evening.
- New Report Says U.S. Return to Iran Nuclear Deal is Possible, Urges Incoming Congress and 2020 Presidential Challengers to Make JCPOA Restoration Foreign Policy Priority November 19, 2018
First-of-Its-Kind Report from National Iranian American Council Experts Says There is Still Time to Salvage the Historic Deal
- Restoring U.S. Credibility: Returning to the Iran Nuclear Agreement November 19, 2018
NIAC publishes a report on the need to salvage the JCPOA and prevent further disastrous consequences.
- Experts on the Reimposition of Sanctions on Iran in Violation of the Nuclear Deal November 2, 2018
At midnight on Monday, President Trump’s snapback of nuclear-related sanctions on Iran will be finalized. While a portion of the sanctions previously waived under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) came back into force on August 7, the November 5 tranche of Iran sanctions includes many of the most ...
- Letter to Trump Administration on Sanctions Snapback November 1, 2018
NIAC sends a letter to Secretaries Pompeo and Mnuchin of the Trump administration on the effects of the November snapback of Iran sanctions.
- NIAC Statement on Horrific Synagogue Attack October 27, 2018
We are shocked and horrified by the tragic slaughter at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh this morning, which was holding a Shabbat for refugees