To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Jamal Abdi at (202) 386-6408.
- Attention: Iranian Students Waiting for F & J Visas August 17, 2018
Is your student visa stuck in administrative processing while your semester start date creeps closer and closer? We understand your frustration. Please contact us at email@example.com.
- NIAC’s Reaction to Mike Pompeo’s ‘Iran Action Group’ August 16, 2018
NIAC Says the Iran Action Group ‘Echoes the lead-up to the 2003 Invasion of Iraq.’
- High-Skilled Immigrants Act Would Hurt Muslim Immigrants, Foreign Nationals from Smaller Countries August 13, 2018
According to the National Iranian American Council, the amendment would eliminate per-country limits for employment-based permanent residency and produce serious strains for individuals from smaller countries, especially Iranians and other nationals already subject to the Muslim travel ban.
- NIAC Calls on edX to End Discriminatory Practices Against Iranian Americans August 8, 2018
In response to messages received from its members, NIAC sent a letter today to edX, an online educational platform expressing concern regarding its decision to terminate or reject the participation of students with Iranian background.
- Experts Weigh in on Iran ‘Snapback’ Sanctions Going Into Effect Today August 6, 2018
National Iranian American Council Warns ‘Snapback’ of Sanctions Will Undermine American International Leadership, Empower Hardliners in Iran
- Memo: Consequences of Sanctions Snapback on Iran August 6, 2018
Because such U.S. sanctions primarily target foreign parties transacting or otherwise dealing with Iran, the Trump administration will be actively undermining efforts by the international community to act consistent with the JCPOA and ensure its survivability.
- NIAC Statement on Recent Demonstrations in Iran August 2, 2018
“Ultimately, like any other country, it is up to Iranians living in Iran to decide their country’s destiny. Outside countries or interests who seek to exploit the legitimate grievances of Iranians in order advance their own ulterior agendas only undermine the will of the Iranian people. As outside observers, we ...
- A New Chapter for NIAC August 1, 2018
We have much work to do on our community’s journey to building the political power we are capable of. This transition is a critical moment in that journey – the passage of any organization from its founder to their successor is when a startup becomes an institution.
- Congress ‘Not Aware’ of Authorization for Iran War July 24, 2018
The statement from the legislators indicating that they are “not aware” of any legislative authorization for Trump to use force against Iran is helpful. As Trump ratchets up tension and openly threatens war with Iran, his Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has sought to tie Iran to al-Qaeda and has ...
- NIAC Statement on Trump’s Tweet Threatening Iran War July 23, 2018
Trump’s crazed, all-caps tweet threatening Iran with war last night underscores the danger of supporting the Trump agenda. Minutes after Secretary Pompeo called on the Iranian-American community to support the administration’s pressure campaign on Iran, Donald Trump proved what escalation with an unhinged President at the helm can lead to: ...
- Iranian Americans Speak Out Against Pompeo’s Conflict of Choice with Iran July 22, 2018
The National Iranian American Council organized a letter from prominent Iranian Americans objecting to the Trump administration’s efforts to destabilize Iran, which was featured in a full-page ad in the Los Angeles Times today.
- Pompeo and Trump Plan to Exploit and Silence Iranian Americans July 16, 2018
“The quest for human rights and democracy in Iran can only be owned by the Iranian people. It cannot be owned by the U.S., Israel, or Saudi Arabia. It cannot be decided by Iran’s government or even Iranian exiles.
- NIAC Welcomes Appointment of New Iran Human Rights Rapporteur July 6, 2018
The appointment of Dr. Rehman to serve as the next Special Rapporteur on human rights in Iran will ensure the continuation of important and neutral work aimed at holding Iran’s government accountable to its international human rights obligations.
- NIAC Outraged by Supreme Court Decision Upholding Muslim Ban June 26, 2018
“The effort to end the Muslim Ban is far from over. We will do everything in our power to organize our community and collaborate with other communities to ensure that Trump’s shameful policy is repealed by Congress.”
- NIAC Strongly Condemns the Iranian Judiciary’s Detention of Nasrin Sotoudeh June 13, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Trita Parsi Phone: 202-386-6325 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Washington, D.C. – Trita Parsi, President of the National Iranian American Council, issued the following statement regarding Nasrin Sotoudeh’s unjust arrest and detention in Evin Prison: “NIAC strongly condemns the Iranian judiciary’s detention of Sotoudeh and calls for the immediate release of her and all prisoners ...