To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Mana Mostatabi at (202) 386-6325.
- NIAC Statement on Iran Surpassing Enriched Uranium Stockpile Limit July 1, 2019
In response to reports that Iran has surpassed the enriched uranium stockpile limit set by the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), or Iran nuclear deal, Jamal Abdi, President of the National Iranian American Council, released the following statement: “The consequences of President Trump’s abandonment of the Iran nuclear deal ...
- NIAC Applauds Open Letter Signed by Over 100 Iranian Human Rights Defenders Expressing Concern over U.S.-Iran Tensions June 27, 2019
The San Francisco-based human rights group, United For Iran, published a letter signed by over 100 Iranian human rights advocates expressing concern against further U.S. escalation with Iran. The letter expresses “grave concerns over the rising tension between the United States and the Islamic Republic of Iran, which risks a ...
- NIAC Statement on Trump’s Imposition of New Iran Sanctions June 24, 2019
WASHINGTON DC – Moments ago President Donald Trump signed off on an executive order imposing a new wave of sanctions on Iran following increased tensions between the U.S. and Iran last week. The sanctions target Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamanei and senior commanders from the Revolutionary Guard’s Navy, Aerospace, and ...
- NIAC Urges That U.S. and Iran Practice Restraint as Tensions Escalate June 20, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Thursday, June 20, 2019 CONTACT: Mana Mostatabi | 202.386.6325 x103 | email@example.com Washington DC – Following Iran’s downing of a U.S. drone, the Trump Administration, flanked by National Security Council Advisor John Bolton, are reportedly exploring retaliatory measures the U.S. could take, including military options. In response to ...
- NIAC Statement in Response to Reports of Downed U.S. Drone June 20, 2019
Today, Iranian forces reportedly shot down a U.S. military drone after it had allegedly entered into Iranian territory. U.S. officials maintain that the incident occurred in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz.
- NIAC Statement on Latest Persian Gulf Tanker Attacks June 13, 2019
Today, reports broke that for the second time this month two oil tankers in the Strait of Hormuz came under attack. U.S. officials were quick to blame Iran, while Iran’s foreign minister Javad Zarif seemed to deny the attacks and described them as “suspicious.”
- NIAC Welcomes Release of U.S. Resident After Four Years Imprisonment in Iran June 11, 2019
NIAC welcomes the release of Lebanese national and U.S. permanent resident Nizar Zakka after four years of unjust imprisonment in Iran.
- NIAC Responds to State Department’s Decision to Suspend Funding to Grantee Using Funds to Attack U.S. Civil Society May 31, 2019
The suspension of IranDisinfo follows a major astroturf campaign against NIAC last weekend involving hawkish pro-war organizations like Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD) and radical diaspora groups like the Mujahedin-e Khalq (MEK) – which operates a social media “troll farm” in Albania.
- NIAC Statement on Twitter’s Takedown of Thousands of Fake Iran-Linked Accounts May 29, 2019
Washington D.C. – Yesterday, Twitter’s Head of Site Integrity, Yoel Roth, tweeted that the social platform had removed over 2,800 inauthentic accounts originating in Iran. The accounts are thought to be part of a foreign information operations campaign intending to manipulate information for “national or geopolitical ends.” Separately, Facebook also ...
- NIAC Statement on Trump’s Tweet Threat to “End” Iran May 19, 2019
President Trump’s saber-rattling about Iran has reached a dangerous new low with his threat to “end” Iran—a country of 83 million men, women, and children
- NIAC Statement on Bolton’s Latest Military Plans for Iran May 13, 2019
Today, reports broke that John Bolton ordered updates to a military plan that detailed sending up to 120,000 troops to the Middle East should Iran attack U.S. forces or escalate its nuclear activities:In response, President of the National Iranian American Council, Jamal Abdi, issued the following statement.
- NIAC Deeply Concerned by Continued Deterioration of the Iran Nuclear Deal May 8, 2019
Today, reports broke that Iran will halt compliance with two limits in the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), or Iran nuclear deal, a year following Trump’s violation of U.S. sanctions lifting commitments.
- NIAC Statement on Reports that Iran Will Halt Compliance with Aspects of Nuclear Deal May 6, 2019
“We call on all parties to fully uphold their commitments under the nuclear accord and condemn any and all violations of this agreement that is so important to preventing war and the spread of nuclear weapons. Iran’s potential move risks playing into a dangerous tit for tat that leads to ...
- NIAC Condemns the Iranian Government for the Executions of Two Minors May 1, 2019
Today, reports emerged that two minors, 17-year old cousins Mehdi Sohrabifar and Amin Sedaghat, were flogged and secretly executed in Iran on April 25. The two teenagers were arrested when they were 15 and convicted on rape charges.
- NIAC Joins a Coalition of Over 100 Organizations Opposing DHS Surveillance of Activists, Journalists, and Lawyers May 1, 2019
Today, the National Iranian American Council (NIAC) joined the Center for Democracy and Technology along with a coalition of over 100 organizations in sending a letter to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) urging it to cease targeting activists, journalists, and lawyers based on their First Amendment-protected speech and ...