To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Jamal Abdi at (202) 386-6408.
- NIAC Condemns Trump’s ‘Targeted’ Muslim Ban 3.0 September 24, 2017
The National Iranian American Council released the following statement regarding President Trump’s adjustments to the discriminatory Muslim Ban following 90 days of review:
- Trump and Netanyahu Risk Repeating Mistakes of Iraq War with Iran September 19, 2017
It is telling that Netanyahu, who has sought to undermine international diplomacy with Iran at nearly every turn, was one of the only observers impressed by Trump’s inflammatory UN General Assembly speech this morning.
- Trump’s Outreach to Iranian People Rings Hollow September 19, 2017
If Trump was determined to demonstrate to the world that he is unhinged and an imminent danger to world peace, he has succeeded with this speech, and will only make it harder for him to win over the world to his self-destructive goals.
- Trump Still on Course to Kill Iran Nuclear Deal Despite Sanctions Waivers September 14, 2017
Trita Parsi, President of NIAC, issued the following statement regarding reports that the President will renew sanctions waivers pursuant to U.S. obligations under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA):
- NIAC Praises 9th Circuit Court Rejecting Trump Administration’s Latest Attempt to Ban Grandmothers September 7, 2017
“In the face of defeat, the Trump administration tried to double down and ban grandmothers and close family, and we are relieved that this latest effort to tear families apart has also failed.”
- NIAC Condemns Trump’s Immoral DACA Decision September 5, 2017
NIAC condemns, in the strongest possible terms, the Trump administration decision to terminate the DACA program today – a program with bipartisan support that has been wildly successful in every meaningful and measurable way.
- NIAC Statement on IAEA Report Confirming Iran’s Compliance with the JCPOA August 31, 2017
The IAEA has once again affirmed what everyone outside of the White House appears to know: that Iran is complying with the nuclear deal.
- NIAC Statement on Apple’s Decision to Restrict Iranian-Made Apps August 25, 2017
Apple’s decision to restrict mobile apps made by Iranian developers may be an overly cautious approach to U.S. sanctions compliance that undermines U.S. interests by limiting the Iranian people’s access to technologies used for personal communication.
- NIAC Statement on Amb. Haley’s Visit to the IAEA August 23, 2017
Ambassador Nikki Haley’s highly publicized meeting with officials of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) should heighten concerns that the administration intends to politicize the critically important work of the monitoring agency in an effort to kill the Iran nuclear deal.
- Iranian American Organizations Condemn Violence and Bigotry Displayed by Hate Groups in Charlottesville, Virginia August 16, 2017
As organizations representing the Iranian-American community, we stand united in condemning – in the strongest possible terms – the violence and bigotry displayed by hate groups in Charlottesville, Virginia on Friday and Saturday.
- NIAC: ‘Trump’s Violations of the Iran Deal Begets Unfortunate But Predictable Iranian Response’ August 15, 2017
“It should now be clear that Donald Trump’s moves to violate and hold certification of the Iran nuclear deal in doubt are actively destabilizing the accord.
- NIAC Condemns Nazi Violence in Charlottesville and Trump’s Tolerance of White Supremacists August 13, 2017
The ‘Unite the Right’ neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Virginia is both a national tragedy and a wake-up call to all who believe in a pluralistic, tolerant, and hate-free society.
- Trump Seeks to Abuse Inspections in the Iran Deal to Fabricate Crisis July 27, 2017
Trita Parsi, President of the National Iranian American Council and author of Losing an Enemy – Obama, Iran and the Triumph of Diplomacy, issued the following statement in response to reports that the Trump administration is planning to abuse the inspections mechanism of the Iran nuclear deal in order to ...
- NIAC Statement on the Trump Administration’s Undermining of the JCPOA July 18, 2017
“While the Trump administration certified Iran’s compliance with the JCPOA with one hand today, it continues to undermine the nuclear accord with the other by undermining the sanctions relief process. Though Iran’s compliance with the JCPOA has been certified by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) as well as all ...
- NIAC Statement on the Unjust Sentencing of US Citizen Xiyue Wang July 17, 2017
“We condemn the unjust detention and sentencing of Xiyue Wang, a Princeton student conducting research on the Qajar Dynasty in Iran. From the evidence made public by Iran’s Judiciary against Mr. Wang, it appears that his only crime was to read books at a public library. To conflate a historian’s ...