To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Jamal Abdi at (202) 386-6408.
- FAQ on Iranian Earthquake Relief November 13, 2017
As Iranian Americans, our hearts go out to all of those who were impacted by yesterday’s tragic earthquake that struck near the Iran-Iraq border. Initial reporting indicates that it is the deadliest earthquake of 2017, with hundreds dead and thousands injured, and many more who have lost everything. Like with prior earthquakes ...
- BREAKING: IAAB v. Trump Team Praises Ruling Blocking Muslim Ban 3.0 October 18, 2017
According to Shayan Modarres, legal counsel for the National Iranian American Council: “We applaud the court’s decision in blocking this unconstitutional third attempt at a Muslim Ban. This latest travel ban is little more than a dangerous effort to target Iranians and Muslims, unjustified by any credible national security concerns. The ...
- NIAC Encouraged By Hawaii Ruling Blocking Muslim Ban 3.0 October 17, 2017
The Hawaii U.S. District Court blocked Trump’s Muslim Ban 3.0 from going into effect nationwide.
- NIAC Deplores Trump’s Push to Violate Iran Nuclear Deal October 13, 2017
“Congress must step in and make it clear that it will restrain this President and that the U.S. is fully committed to upholding its word on the Iran deal” said Trita Parsi, President of the National Iranian American Council.
- Trump Risks War with Iran through Reckless Nuclear Deal Decision October 12, 2017
Washington, DC – Trita Parsi, President of the National Iranian American Council and author of Losing an Enemy: Obama, Iran and the Triumph of Diplomacy, issued the following statement in response to President Trump’s failed certification of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action: “Trump’s failed certification of the Iran nuclear deal ...
- Memo: Potential Economic Fallout of a U.S. Exit from the JCPOA October 12, 2017
Our latest memo on the negative consequences that would occur if Congress reimposes nuclear sanctions on Iran.
- Orgs Urge U.S. Government to Allow Apple and Google to Host Iranian Apps October 11, 2017
Washington, DC – NIAC and a group of Iranian American and human rights organizations are urging the U.S. government to lift restrictions that have recently prevented Iranians from hosting apps on the Apple and Google app stores. In a letter sent today to the State and Treasury Department, the organizations officially ...
- NIAC Urges Trump Not to Turn the Iran Nuclear Deal into a Crisis October 11, 2017
“Trump will be courting nuclear disaster and war if he follows through on his disastrous threats to decertify the Iran nuclear deal and aggressively escalating tensions in the region this week” said Trita Parsi.
- Media Availability: Experts Available to Discuss Trump’s Iran Nuclear Deal Decision October 10, 2017
Experts from the National Iranian American Council are available to discuss President Trump’s upcoming decision on whether or not to certify the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), or Iran nuclear deal.
- Advocates Seek Preliminary Injunction to Prevent Muslim Ban 3.0 from Going into Effect October 6, 2017
Today, the plaintiffs in Iranian Alliances Across Borders (IAAB) v. Trump filed a motion for a preliminary injunction to block President Trump from fully implementing his latest attempt to ban nationals from several predominantly Muslim countries from entering the United States.
- Statement on Lawsuit Against Muslim Ban 3.0 October 2, 2017
NIAC and our partners just filed the first lawsuit challenging Muslim Ban 3.0.
- NIAC Condemns Trump’s ‘Targeted’ Muslim Ban 3.0 September 24, 2017
The National Iranian American Council released the following statement regarding President Trump’s adjustments to the discriminatory Muslim Ban following 90 days of review:
- Trump and Netanyahu Risk Repeating Mistakes of Iraq War with Iran September 19, 2017
It is telling that Netanyahu, who has sought to undermine international diplomacy with Iran at nearly every turn, was one of the only observers impressed by Trump’s inflammatory UN General Assembly speech this morning.
- Trump’s Outreach to Iranian People Rings Hollow September 19, 2017
If Trump was determined to demonstrate to the world that he is unhinged and an imminent danger to world peace, he has succeeded with this speech, and will only make it harder for him to win over the world to his self-destructive goals.
- Trump Still on Course to Kill Iran Nuclear Deal Despite Sanctions Waivers September 14, 2017
Trita Parsi, President of NIAC, issued the following statement regarding reports that the President will renew sanctions waivers pursuant to U.S. obligations under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA):