At this moment of intense hope and anxiety for our community, being Iranian can feel overwhelming. We’ve compiled this resource for anyone seeking care for their mental health, or the mental health of a loved one.
Check out Online Therapy Options
- Find Middle Eastern, LGBTQ+ responsive, anti-ableist therapists, counselors, psychologists & psychiatrists
- Explore more LGBTQ+ specific options at www.pridecounseling.com
Sobriety and Recovery Resources
- Millions of Americans have a substance use disorder. If you’re struggling and seeking support find an AA meeting near you.
- Find a substance use disorder treatment facility near you.
- Worried about someone with a substance abuse problem? Find an Al-Anon meeting near you
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline – Call or text 988
Free and confidential support for people in distress, 24/7.
- National Helpline – 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
Treatment referral and information, 24/7.
- Disaster Distress Helpline – 1-800-985-5990
Immediate crisis counseling related to disasters, 24/7.
Find Online Psychiatry Options
Tools for Assisted Meditation
NIAC is a grassroots organization made up of thousands of members in cities across the country and we can help our community connect to each other during this challenging time. We have 14 active chapters and our community network is one of our most powerful resources during this time. If you would like to sign up to meet other people and process together please fill out this form.
For any additional questions or suggestions for resources to feature on this page please contact [email protected].
To find actions you can take to support people inside of Iran we encourage you to visit our solidarity page.Back to top