NIAC Seeking Fundraising Professional
NIAC is seeking a fundraising professional for immediate hire.
NIAC is accepting applications from candidates with 6-10+ years of fundraising experience at the Development Director level. Candidates with less experience but a passion for fundraising and NIAC’s mission will be considered at the Development Manager level if they have 3-5 years of fundraising experience or at the Associate level with 1-3 years of fundraising experience.
The position will work with NIAC’s president in spearheading fundraising activities as NIAC continues to grow. A successful candidate must be prepared to grow NIAC’s $1.5M budget through the management of fundraising events, cultivation of donors, and solicitation of major gifts, grassroots contributions, and foundation support. S/he will also support NIAC’s President and board members as they take on an active fundraising role.
The Development professional will also work with NIAC’s sister advocacy organization, NIAC Action. In this capacity, s/he will raise dedicated funds for NIAC Action and oversee member events with political candidates.
- Develop and execute NIAC’s annual fundraising plan, collaborating with NIAC’s President and COO to establish annual budget revenue targets by source type
- Secure financial support from major donors, grassroots supporters, foundations and corporate sponsors
- Work with the Events Manager to develop and promote successful fundraising events
- Support and partner with the President and board members on all major fundraising initiatives
- Prepare donor reports and analysis to board and senior leaders
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and current or potential foundation partners
- Create and execute a strategy for increasing NIAC’s base of individual donors
- Track grant deadlines and work with the relevant colleagues to prepare and submit grant proposals and reports
- Manage and develop NIAC’s stewardship efforts aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors
- 6-10+ years of fundraising experience at Director level. Candidates with less experience but a passion for fundraising and NIAC’s mission will be considered at the Development Manager level if they have 3-5 years of fundraising experience or at the Associate level with 1-2 years of fundraising experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources) required
- Persian (Farsi) language ability and familiarity with the Iranian-American community strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives in a rapidly evolving environment
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Knowledge and passion for NIAC’s mission is essential
- Ability to develop and implement annual strategic development plan required
- Strong organizational and time management skills with close attention to detail required
- Political campaign fundraising experience a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Some travel required
- Position may be carried out from NIAC’s Washington, DC headquarters or Iranian-American population centers like Los Angeles or San Francisco.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to David Elliott at email@example.com with the subject line “Development Director”, “Development Manager” or “Development Associate”.
Salary & Benefits
Salary depends on experience. Fortune 100-style benefits include:
- Generous health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance plans
- 15 days of annual paid leave and 12 paid holidays
- 401k with 2% company match
- Tax-advantaged commuter benefits program
- Additional benefits through TotalSource benefits partner include: training opportunities, corporate discounts, and Employee Assistance Program
The National Iranian American Council is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening the voice of Iranian Americans and promoting greater understanding between the American and Iranian people. We accomplish our mission through expert research and analysis, civic and policy education, and community building.
We are the 501(c)3 sister organization of NIAC Action, the grassroots, civic action organization committed to advancing peace and championing the priorities of the Iranian-American community.