To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Jamal Abdi at (202) 386-6408.
- Newsweek: Iran-Iraq War, 30 Years Later: From Foes to Allies with U.S. In Between August 20, 2018
The dynamics between Iran and Iraq far predate the current equation, however. As National Iranian American Council research associate Sina Toossi told Newsweek, “the two neighbors have been bound by deep cultural, commercial and religious ties for centuries.”
- Al-Jazeera: Iran’s Mossadegh ‘would have negotiated with Donald Trump’ August 18, 2018
Meanwhile, Sina Toossi, research associate at the Washington, DC-based National Iranian-American Council, said that the main lesson the US can draw from the 1953 coup is that “intervention in the internal affairs of other countries can lead to unpredictable consequences and severe blowback”.
- Middle East Eye: US announces ‘Action Group’ to coordinate anti-Iran efforts August 16, 2018
The National Iranian American Council (NIAC), a Washington-based advocacy group, slammed the establishment of the Iran Action Group, calling it an attempt to implement Pompeo’s “dangerous vision” for Iran without the scrutiny of State Department officials.
- Al Jazeera: Pompeo forms Iran Action Group for post-nuclear deal policy August 16, 2018
Sina Toossi, a research analyst at the Washington-based National Iranian American Council (NIAC), said appointing Hook to head the new policy initiative puts the US “on the path to war with Iran”.
- Washington Post: Trump administration forms new team to promote pressure policies against Iran August 16, 2018
Trita Parsi, president of the National Iranian American Council, described the announcement as “heavy on accusations and demands, and rather empty on substance,” saying it was “not clear what exactly the group would be doing beyond what already has been announced.”
- Los Angeles Times: The harsh effects of Trump’s Iran sanctions, and why Iranians worry the worst is still to come August 16, 2018
“While Iranians are rightfully deeply frustrated with the clerical government, that doesn’t automatically translate into an embrace of Trump’s policies,” wrote Trita Parsi, president of the National Iranian American Council, an advocacy group. “Iranians are capable of rejecting both at the same time.”
- Newsweek: Which Countries Do Business with Iran? Donald Trump Threatens Nations with Economic Ties to Tehran August 7, 2018
“The EU has taken some tough steps but will need to do more to ensure trade can continue without exposing companies to the sanctions,” Jamal Abdi, president of the National Iranian American Council told Newsweek.
- The National Interest: Sanctions Reimposed: Trump Administration Continues Ferocious Tack On Iran August 6, 2018
There are “reports in Israeli media that Trump ,” notes Sina Toossi of the National Iranian American Council.
- Buzzfeed News: The US is Hitting Iran with Some of the Harsh Sanctions Waived Under Obama August 6, 2018
“I have little hope that the current Congress will act,” Jamal Abdi, head of the National Iranian American Council (NIAC), told BuzzFeed News in an email. “We have urged lawmakers to introduce legislation that would stop the President from sanctioning Europe and other parties who are merely upholding the agreement…”
- LISTEN: CounterSpin: Trita Parsi on Trump’s Iran Threat August 3, 2018
In response to Trump’s offer to meet with Iran’s leadership, Trita Parsi, founder and president emeritus of NIAC, says that “it would be quite inaccurate to call an olive branch.” He goes further, stating that “just the offer of having conversations while the actual policy is to escalation ...
- LISTEN: Talk Media News: Why Iran’s Leaders Don’t Want to Meet with President Trump July 31, 2018
Sina Toossi, a research associate at NIAC, says that if Trump really wants the Iranian meeting, it’s on him to rebuild any lost trust.
- Lobe Log: Will the Trump Administration Attack Iran? July 31, 2018
Statements like those from Trump National Security Advisor John Bolton prompted Trita Parsi of the National Iranian-American Council (NIAC) to assert that “the appointment of Bolton is essentially a declaration of war on Iran.”
- Washington Post: Trump Says He’s Willing to Meet with Iranian President Rouhani “Anytime” and Without Preconditions July 30, 2018
Trita Parsi, president of the National Iranian American Council, said Trump would have to offer Iran “concessions, and not just threats and demands” to bring a positive response. “If this is Trump’s idea of pivoting to diplomacy,” Parsi said in an email, “it stands little chance of success.”
- Washington Times: Trump Offers to Meet Iran Without Preconditions July 30, 2018
“If this is Trump’s idea of pivoting to diplomacy, it stands little chance of success,” Trita Parsi, president of NIAC said. “If Trump is truly genuine about reaching a ‘better deal’ with Iran, then there is a proven path with Iran that works. And it entails Trump offering Iran concessions ...
- WATCH: Fareed Zakaria GPS: What’s the Goal of Trump’s Iran Policy? July 29, 2018
Discussing the current status of US-Iran relations, Trita Parsi, founder and president of NIAC, states that he does not believe the United States is in the position or has the capacity to affect a regime change in Iran that would actually lead to a better government