To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Jamal Abdi at (202) 386-6408.
- Democracy Now: As Iranian Voters Reject Hardliner, Trump Embraces Saudi Monarch & Vows to Isolate Iran May 22, 2017
This trip is not about fighting terrorism. If it was, we would have actually have seen much, much firmer position by the United States against these funders in Saudi Arabia, who actually also provided the seed funding for ISIS. Instead, all of the focus is on Iran. Why is that? ...
- Bloomberg: What to Expect From U.S. Policies in the Middle East May 21, 2017
“There is an effort to move in a direction of isolating Iran once again and confronting Iran”, says Trita Parsi, President of the Iranian American Council. He continued, “we know that diplomacy works… two days ago Iranians overwhelmingly went out and they elected the person who had promised more engagement ...
- NPR: Muslim-American Thought Leaders React To Trump’s Speech In Saudi Arabia May 21, 2017
Rather than this being a speech that will be remembered for the call for a new era of peace, it may end up being remembered as the speech that set off a new era of confrontation with Iran, one that was sparked and initiated by Donald Trump at the request ...
- Mic: Iran Presidential Election: Here’s What We’re Watching May 19, 2017
Jonah Hull of Al Jazeera reported from Tehran that large crowd numbers at the polls “would tend to favor the moderate reformist side of President Rouhani, and anything less than 60% would spell trouble for him.” But according to a report from the National Iranian American Council, both candidates appear to ...
- Financial Times: Donald Trump Likely to Keep Iran Sanctions Relief in Place May 16, 2017
Some commentators suggest that Mr. Trump’s administration will attempt to run down the agreement over the longer term. “What is emerging right now is a strategy aimed at killing the deal without the US actively violating it,” said Trita Parsi, president of the National Iranian American Council, a non-governmental organisation.
- New York Times: Federal Judge in DC Delays Ruling in Trump Travel Ban Case May 11, 2017
Chutkan heard testimony last month from Iranian-American and Muslim groups that say Iranians have faced delays and disruptions in obtaining visas even after the ban was blocked. They had asked for a more sweeping injunction that would restore the normal visa application process. Organizations challenging the ban in Washington, D.C., include ...
- Penn State: Subject of May 3 Docunight Screening is the ‘Greatest Party on Earth’ April 27, 2017
The Docunight series is an initiative to encourage cultural exchange and understanding of Iran through documentaries. The films are about, around, or in Iran, or made by Iranians, and the American showings are part of a collaboration with the National Iranian American Council.
- AP: Judge Seems Reluctant to Issue Another Travel Ban Injunction April 21, 2017
The organizations challenging the ban include the Pars Equality Center, the Iranian American Bar Association, the National Iranian American Council and the Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans. The lawsuit includes more than a dozen people who claim the order is harming students, interfering with business travel and separating couples ...
- CNN Money: Who Stands to Lose if U.S. Hits Iran with Sanctions Again? April 20, 2017
“While it is still too early to definitively state the Trump administration’s position on , the early returns do not look promising. It has no discernible plans to pursue American trade and investment with Iran, or make it easier for other countries to do so,” said Reza Marashi, research director ...
- The Guardian Iran Chides US Over ‘Worn Out’ Accusations about Nuclear Deal April 20, 2017
The National Iranian American Council (NIAC), which supports the deal, said Tillerson’s remarks were incendiary. “Public statements lambasting the nuclear deal with Iran as a ‘failed approach’ and comparing the country with North Korea are reckless and blatantly false,” the group said.
- NPR: White House Shouldn’t Try To Reverse Iran Nuclear Deal April 20, 2017
Trita Parsi, President of the National Iranian American Council, speaks with Steve Inskeep from NPR, “it would be quite foolish to risk a deal that even the Trump administration is admitting is working.”
- Iranian-American Groups Testify in Washington Seeking New Ban on Trump Travel Order April 19, 2017
Lawyers for the four suing groups — Pars Equality Center, the Iranian American Bar Association, National Iranian American Council, and Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans — said the success of the Iranian-American community is a national security asset, not a threat, as the U.S. seeks a more moderate Iran.
- Al-Monitor: Nuclear Deal Critics Silent as Trump Says Iran Complying April 19, 2017
“We welcome President Trump’s recognition that the Iran nuclear deal is working and Iran is upholding its commitments,” the National Iranian American Council said in a statement. “With this certification, President Trump must now uphold the United States’ obligations and renew the sanctions waivers.”
- Iranian-American Groups Testify in Washington Seeking New Ban on Trump Travel Order April 18, 2017
“Lawyers for the four suing groups – Pars Equality Center, the Iranian American Bar Association, National Iranian American Council, and Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans – said the success of the Iranian-American community is a national security asset, not a threat, as the U.S. seeks a more moderate Iran.”
- Washington Times: Iranian-American Groups Testify to Detriment of Trump’s Order of Travel, Refugees April 18, 2017
Leaders of Iranian-American organizations testified in federal court Tuesday about the negative effects that President Trump’s executive order on travel and refugees has had on their community, even as enforcement of the order has been barred…The four groups suing the Trump administration over the order are the Pars Equality Center, ...