To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Jamal Abdi at (202) 386-6408.
- Only 11 Syrian Refugees Have Been Taken in by the US This Year April 16, 2018
Trita Parsi, leader of the National Iranian American Council, said with irony: “Truly amazing how much Trump cares for and loves to help the Syrian people.”
- Democracy Now!: “A Tremendously Dangerous Situation”: As Trump Threatens Syria, U.S.-Russian Relations Deteriorate April 12, 2018
Watch Trita Parsi’s interview on Syria with Democracy Now!
- Clouds Form Over Iran Deal as Trump Deadline Nears April 3, 2018
Parsi argued Trump’s threats to kill the deal have already scared businesses away from Iran, turning Iranian opinion against the agreement.
- Middle East Eye: Iran Should Turn To China, Russia In Response to US Hostility March 24, 2018
“Donald Trump may have just effectively declared war on Iran. With the appointment of John Bolton, and nomination of Mike Pompeo at State, Trump is clearly putting together a war cabinet. As the world awaits Trump’s May 12 decision as to whether he will abandon the Iran nuclear deal, all ...
- The Intercept: Here’s John Bolton Promising Regime Change in Iran by the End of 2018 March 23, 2018
Trita Parsi, leader of the National Iranian American Council wrote on Twitter: “People, let this be very clear: The appointment of Bolton is essentially a declaration of war with Iran. With Pompeo and Bolton, Trump is assembling a WAR CABINET.”
- NBC News: Trump Replaces H.R. McMaster with John Bolton as National Security Adviser March 23, 2018
“Donald Trump may have just effectively declared war on Iran. With the appointment of John Bolton and nomination of Mike Pompeo at State, Trump is clearly putting together a war cabinet,” the organization’s president, Trita Parsi, said in a statement.
- Al Jazeera: Trump replaces National Security Adviser McMaster with Bolton March 23, 2018
In a statement following Bolton’s appointment, the National Iranian American Council said, “Donald Trump may have just effectively declared war on Iran.” “Bolton is an unhinged advocate for waging World War III. He has explicitly called for bombing Iran for the past 10 years and has suggested the US engage in ...
- NowThis Reports: The Life and Death of Shayan Mazroei March 22, 2018
A short documentary on the life and death of Shayan Mazroei, who was killed in September 2015 by a white supremacist.
- Vice News: The Nightmare of Trying to Get Around Trump’s Latest Travel Ban March 19, 2018
That the government has denied waiver requests without much or seemingly any explanation has made the low number of waivers granted was even more concerning, according to Shayan Modarres, legal counsel for the National Iranian American Council. “We don’t have any information about who was granted these waivers,” said Modarres. “Are ...
- Alaska Public Media: Iran: Trump’s Gift to the Hardliners February 23, 2018
This week we’ll explore an answer to the question “Will killing the Nuclear Deal bring the US and Iran closer to war?” It’s a complicated topic, but today’s speaker, Trita Parsi, an expert on US-Iranian relations, is as qualified as anyone to answer it.
- Think Progress: Switching to ‘Megaphone’ Diplomacy, Iran Threatens to Leave Nuclear Deal February 22, 2018
While any party to the deal could pull out at any time, explained Reza Marashi, research director at the National Iranian American Council, doing so without just cause or without going through dispute resolution mechanisms built into the agreement, would make Iran “the party at fault rather than the aggrieved ...
- WFPL: Obama Adviser: Undermining Iran Nuclear Deal Could Put U.S. On Path To War February 20, 2018
Listen to a conversation between WFPL’s Bill Burton and Trita Parsi on the Iran deal.
- The Jerusalem Post: Washington Looks at Multilateral Options to Pressure Tehran February 18, 2018
Trita Parsi, founder and president of the National Iranian American Council, predicted new US moves at the UN this week and suggested they might be an indirect response to a recent aerial confrontation across Israel’s northern border.
- Al Monitor: Democrat Hawk Says He’s Sticking by Iran Deal After Reclaiming Top Panel Spot February 9, 2018
“We are very concerned that Sen. Menendez is going to help Donald Trump tear up the Iran deal,” Jamal Abdi, vice president for policy at the pro-deal National Iranian American Council, told Al-Monitor. “The onus is really on him to demonstrate his willingness to stand up to Trump on Iran, ...
- Vice News: The Vice News Guide to the World January 14, 2018
“Almost everything that’s happening right now comes in the context of this continuous and very nervous fight about who will be the next Supreme Leader,” said Trita Parsi, President of the National Iranian American Council.