To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Jamal Abdi at (202) 386-6408.
- NIAC’s Ehsan Zahedani Appears on Iran International June 2, 2019
NIAC’s Ehsan Zahedani appeared on Iran International to discuss recent online trolling attacks against NIAC from the Iran Disinformation Project.
- Fast Company: How Trump’s travel ban has altered immigration in the last two years January 29, 2019
The National Iranian American Council has been communicating with people, like Ghazaleh, who are stuck in their home countries due to the ban, as well as people in America whose loved ones cannot join them.
- The Guardian: White House asked the Pentagon for plans to strike Iran – report January 13, 2019
The National Iranian American Council (NIAC), a pro-diplomacy advocacy group, issued a statement on the Wall Street Journal report, saying: “This administration takes an expansive view of war authorities and is leaning into confrontation with Iran at a time when there are numerous tripwires for conflict across the region.”
- Newsweek: Iran Slams Pompeo’s Middle East Speech, Says It Will “Mimic” U.S. Human Rights Model “When Hell Freezes Over” January 10, 2019
Jamal Abdi, president of the National Iranian American Council, criticized the secretary’s comments as well, saying Pompeo “failed to outline a coherent strategic logic for the Trump administration’s Middle East policy.”
- USA Today: ‘The age of self-inflicted American shame is over,’ Pompeo declares in rebuke of Obama’s policy January 10, 2019
Abdi said the Trump administration has “reflexively” backed despotic regimes and simplistically blamed Iran “as the source of all regional ills.” That approach “will succeed at little other than fueling instability,” he said.
- SF Weekly: Slack Deletes Accounts of Iranians Outside Iran December 20, 2018
The National Iranian American Council (NIAC) suspects that Slack, like other companies without clear instructions on the Trump administration’s new sanctions, appears to have gone above and beyond out of fear.
- Foreign Policy: A New U.S. Immigration Law Would Hurt Iranians the Most December 20, 2018
NIAC sent a letter to corporations that are lobbying for H.R. 392, arguing it will risk creating a monopoly over the green card process and exacerbate the impact of the Trump travel ban for Iranians.
- Al-Monitor: House Democrats prepare to take on Trump over Iran sanctions December 20, 2018
Notably, Huffman’s appeal to his colleagues states that his effort is backed by the National Iranian American Council (NIAC), a group supportive of the nuclear deal.
- Mashable: Slack is banning users who have visited U.S.-sanctioned countries while using its app December 20, 2018
The National Iranian American Council, a nonprofit organization that represents the Iranian-American community has sent a letter to Slack seeking additional information on the accounts closures.
- Buzzfeed: The Senate Vote Was About Saudi Arabia But Some Hope It Also Sends A Message About Iran December 14, 2018
Sina Toossi, a research associate at the National Iranian American Council, said the prohibition of Iranians from entering the US is particularly worrisome since Iranians wanting to flee their country are among the nationalities most affected by the Trump administration’s move to limit travel to the US.
- Common Dreams: Urging Lawmakers to Stand Up to Trump’s War Hawks, Report Outlines US Path Back to Compliance with Iran Deal November 19, 2018
With the United States’ standing in the global community at risk, the new Congress set to adjourn in January must prioritize mitigating the damage President Donald Trump did when he announced last May that the U.S. would exit the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, according to a new report by the ...
- The Independent: Trump administration hawks putting US on course for war with Iran, report warns November 19, 2018
Senior members of the US administration, which has pulled out of the nuclear deal with Tehran unilaterally, have vocalized its desire to destroy the agreement and cripple the Iranian economy in the process, the document prepared by the National Iranian American Council (NIAC) points out.
- USA Today: President Trump’s sanctions bring fear and misery for Iran’s air travelers, aviation industry November 12, 2018
The “sad state” of Iran’s aviation industry is pretty clear, said Trita Parsi, the founder of the Washington-based National Iranian American Council, which advocates for greater understanding between the Iranian and American people. “In Iran, people routinely talk about which airlines to avoid,” he said.
- Tehran Times: Trump’s ‘Iran sanctions’ bluster boomerangs November 6, 2018
The National Iranian-American Council also jumped in with their own GOT-inspired meme, saying “Donald Trump is a literal White Walker, fear-mongering, war-mongering and championing division at every opportunity for political gains.”
- CNBC: US sanctions will push Tehran’s hardliners to the fore, Iranian American council warns November 5, 2018
The reimplementation of U.S. sanctions on Iran will benefit the hard-line faction within the Middle East country, according to the Washington, D.C.-based National Iranian American Council (NIAC).