To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Jamal Abdi at (202) 386-6408.
- WNYC: Behind The Scenes Of The Iran Nuclear Deal August 10, 2017
Trita Parsi, founder and president of the National Iranian American Council, looks back at the historic 2015 nuclear agreement between the United States and Iran in his book, Losing an Enemy: Obama, Iran, and the Triumph of Diplomacy. He spoke with 75 different key players to understand how the Obama ...
- LobeLog: Dire Consequences if Trump Pulls out of Iran Deal July 31, 2017
As Trita Parsi, president of the National Iranian-American Council (NIAC) put it, “The tangible danger of Trump’s malice on the Iran deal—as well as the danger of the advice of the ‘adults in the room’—became further clarified this week as tidbits of the reality TV star’s plans began to leak.”
- Common Dreams: Warnings of ‘Nuclear Nightmare’ as Trump Escalates Tensions With World Powers July 31, 2017
Trita Parsi, founder and president of the National Iranian American Council, argued that such a move makes clear Trump’s desire to “sabotage” the agreement. If he is successful in scrapping the deal, Parsi noted, the stage would be set for “a military confrontation.” “Rarely has a sinister plan to destroy ...
- Democracy Now: Is Trump Trying to Sabotage the Nuclear Deal to Lay Groundwork for War with Iran? July 31, 2017
Observers say Trump’s actions are laying the groundwork for a disastrous military confrontation with Iran. We speak with Trita Parsi, founder and president of the National Iranian American Council.
- LA Times: Trump Administration Intensifies Demands for Iran to Release U.S. Prisoners July 26, 2017
“For Iran, a prisoner swap would resolve a problem of their making,” said Reza Marashi, research director for the National Iranian American Council. “Iran doesn’t have the upper hand when it unjustly detains Americans. Iran needs to resolve this so that a bad situation doesn’t get worse.”
- Al Jazeera: Saudi Lobby Pays $138,000 for Anti-Qatar Ads in the US July 25, 2017
For Reza Marashi, Research Director at the DC-based National Iranian American Council, SAPRAC is one of the most obvious instances of warmer Israeli-Saudi relations. Israel has a long history of influencing US politics through its lobbying group, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). Marashi said he has noticed “a ...
- Newsweek: Trump Administration is Breaking Iranian Law by Holding its Citizens as Prisoners July 24, 2017
While Reza Marashi, research director at the National Iranian American Council, said he nor anyone he knew has any idea who exactly the Iranians are looking for, he said Monday that the situation closely mirrored one that led up to a prisoner swap in 2016. “I think it’s pretty clear ...
- National Interest: Does the New York Times Want America In Iraq for One Hundred Years? July 21, 2017
Trita Parsi, president of the National Iranian American Council, tells me: “Iranian influence in Iraq started much sooner,” than 2011. “The United States had essentially lost Iraq the minute it invaded Iraq but had no plan for the day after . . . The idea that Iraq somehow fell in ...
- Bloomberg: U.S. Says Iran Meets Letter, Not Spirit of Nuclear Deal July 19, 2017
Trita Parsi, founder and president of the National Iranian American Council, discusses Iran’s compliance with the deal to curb its nuclear program. He speaks on “Bloomberg Markets; Middle East.”
- Washington Post: U.S. and Iran are Heading Toward Crisis July 19, 2017
The Trump administration has “deliberately created an environment of uncertainty by consistently questioning the validity” of the deal, said Trita Parsi.
- Brides Magazine: How Trump’s Travel Ban Is Keeping Families Apart July 19, 2017
“Weddings are supposed to celebrate the unification of our families—but we were being forced apart instead,” says Mina Jafari, an Iranian-American living in the U.S. For many of us, it’s impossible to imagine our weddings without our aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents surrounding us. Yet, like Jafari, many Americans have ...
- Al Jazeera: US Certifies Iran Nuclear Deal, but Vows New Sanctions July 18, 2017
Trita Parsi, president of the National Iranian American Council, told Al Jazeera that he is not surprised that such divisions exist. “I don’t think . I think his advisers do and they were tasked with finding a way to scrap it without ...
- Vox: Iran is Testing Trump’s Tough Talk by Sentencing an American Citizen to 10 Years in Prison July 18, 2017
Trita Parsi, the author of a new book on US-Iran relations, Losing an Enemy: Obama, Iran, and the Triumph of Diplomacy, said that Trump was likely to respond by increasing pressure on Iran through imposing new sanctions and encouraging other Arab countries to stop trading with Iran, rather than relying ...
- The Real News: New York Times Beats War Drums Against Iran July 17, 2017
Vijay Prashad and Trita Parsi join Paul Jay to discuss the New York Times article, ‘Iran Dominates in Iraq After U.S. ‘Handed the Country Over”
- Common Dreams: Trump Is Endangering Nuclear Deal, Says Iranian Foreign Minister July 16, 2017
The National Iranian American Council (NIAC) also expressed dismay at the state of the deal, noting in a press release, “The JCPOA represented an opportunity for the U.S. and Iran to change course, broaden engagement, and end the policy of sanctions and antagonism. Unfortunately that opportunity has largely been squandered.” ...