To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Jamal Abdi at (202) 386-6408.
- NPR: White House Shouldn’t Try To Reverse Iran Nuclear Deal April 20, 2017
Trita Parsi, President of the National Iranian American Council, speaks with Steve Inskeep from NPR, “it would be quite foolish to risk a deal that even the Trump administration is admitting is working.”
- Iranian-American Groups Testify in Washington Seeking New Ban on Trump Travel Order April 19, 2017
Lawyers for the four suing groups — Pars Equality Center, the Iranian American Bar Association, National Iranian American Council, and Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans — said the success of the Iranian-American community is a national security asset, not a threat, as the U.S. seeks a more moderate Iran.
- Al-Monitor: Nuclear Deal Critics Silent as Trump Says Iran Complying April 19, 2017
“We welcome President Trump’s recognition that the Iran nuclear deal is working and Iran is upholding its commitments,” the National Iranian American Council said in a statement. “With this certification, President Trump must now uphold the United States’ obligations and renew the sanctions waivers.”
- Iranian-American Groups Testify in Washington Seeking New Ban on Trump Travel Order April 18, 2017
“Lawyers for the four suing groups – Pars Equality Center, the Iranian American Bar Association, National Iranian American Council, and Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans – said the success of the Iranian-American community is a national security asset, not a threat, as the U.S. seeks a more moderate Iran.”
- Washington Times: Iranian-American Groups Testify to Detriment of Trump’s Order of Travel, Refugees April 18, 2017
“Leaders of Iranian-American organizations testified in federal court Tuesday about the negative effects that President Trump’s executive order on travel and refugees has had on their community, even as enforcement of the order has been barred…The four groups suing the Trump administration over the order are the Pars Equality Center, ...
- Politico: Iranian Americans, Livid Over Trump Visa Ban, To Get Their Day In Court April 17, 2017
“In our eyes, this is essentially some form of collective punishment for the transgressions of the Iranian government,” said Elham Khatami, outreach director for the National Iranian American Council. “If anything, it helps the Iranian government because it furthers the narrative that the U.S. isn’t willing to treat Iranians like ...
- The World Post: Cold War And Quagmire All Over Again April 13, 2017
The National Iranian American Council’s Trita Parsi argues that the U.S. missile strike last week will only lead the Assad regime and its Russian allies “to intensify their assault on the rebel strongholds and the civilians living in those areas. The end result will be a more intensified civil war ...
- The Arab American News: Iranian College Student Detained by ICE for Unknown Reasons April 7, 2017
On April 5, The National Iranian American Council released a statement addressing Fard-Hajian’s detainment. “It is impossible for us to simply write-off all of these events as mere coincidence or misunderstanding in the current climate,” the statement said. “The recent spate of official policies and actions – beginning with President ...
- Financial Tribune: U.S. Senators Seeking to Sabotage Nuclear Agreement April 4, 2017
The charge is being led by Senator Bob Corker, who on March 23 introduced a bill titled “Countering Iran’s Destabilizing Activities Act” to the US Senate Foreign Relations Committee. As of last Tuesday, it had 25 co-sponsors, of which 11 were Democrats. The National Iranian American Council was quick ...
- Houston Chronicle: In Iranian Nuclear Deal Review, Tillerson’s Worlds Collide April 2, 2017
Offering a seemingly benign greeting on Iran’s new year’s holiday Nowruz, Tillerson said, “We look forward to celebrating this new spring together.” The National Iranian American Council immediately questioned the statement, asking how Iranian Americans were supposed to celebrate together considering the travel ban Trump ordered on Iran and other ...
- Al-Monitor: Congress Cautiously Takes on Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps March 30, 2017
The National Iranian American Council warned in a Huffington Post op-ed that the deal would be in danger if the United States designates the IRGC as a terror group. “Designating a foreign military branch as a terrorist organization is an extremely dangerous provocation that Pentagon leaders in multiple administrations have ...
- CNN Money: How Long Can Boeing’s Iran Deal Survive? March 27, 2017
The next big test for Boeing’s deal is likely to come in June, when sanction waivers signed by President Obama will be due for renewal. It’s the first time Trump will have to sign them. “The next round of waivers… are absolutely crucial,” said Trita Parsi, president of the National ...
- Penn State News: Sundance Grand Jury Winner ‘Sonita’ Featured for Docunight Screening April 5 March 27, 2017
“Sonita,” which received international critical acclaim, won the 2016 Sundance Grand Jury Prize and Audience Award for best world cinema documentary. The Docunight series is an initiative to encourage cultural exchange and understanding of Iran through documentaries. The films are about, around, or in Iran, or made by Iranians, and ...
- Foreign Policy: Heightened Scrutiny of Iranians Shows Trump Administration ‘Extreme Vetting’ in Action March 27, 2017
Jamal Abdi, policy director of the National Iranian American Council, also said he had seen a “chilling effect,” with visa interviews cancelled during the roll out of the travel ban and never rescheduled.
- New York Times: In Greeting to Iranian People, Trump Leaves Out Their Government March 23, 2017
Critics of the administration said Mr. Trump’s warm sentiments did nothing to ease the pain of families split by his travel ban. “Empty words disgrace the one who speaks them, like serving a walnut shell without the nut,” said the National Iranian American Council, quoting a 13th-century Persian poet, Saadi.