To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Jamal Abdi at (202) 386-6408.
- Newsweek: Donate Money to the Victims of 2017’s Deadliest Earthquake and You are Breaking Federal Law November 16, 2017
“U.S. persons would not be permitted to send funds directly to non-U.S. charitable organizations specifically intending those funds to be used for relief efforts in Iran,” NIAC said.
- Al Jazeera: US sanctions snag donations to Iran earthquake victims November 16, 2017
“If sanctions are really hindering emergency aid after an earthquake, I think that really shows the problematic aspect of the sanctions,” added Parsi.
- The Iranian: How A German Intelligence Agency Predicted Saudi Conflict November 16, 2017
“That’s the arrangement that existed in the Middle East pre-2003, and that’s what Salman wants to force the US to return to,” Parsi noted.
- Youtube: Special Report with Elham Sataki November 15, 2017
An excellent recap of our LA fundraising event
- NPR Radio: Tensions in Middle East Rise as Lebanese Prime Minister Still Missing in Saudi Arabia November 15, 2017
Guest Donna Farvard, national organizing manager, discusses the Iran-Iraq Earthquake and ways you can help
- Al Jazeera: Thousands of homeless out in the cold after Iran quake November 14, 2017
“I think you are going to see a more robust government response in the coming days,” Marashi of the National Iranian American Council told Al Jazeera.
- Al Jazeera: Saudi-Iran proxy wars: In pursuit of regional hegemony November 14, 2017
Parsi pointed to the Saudi-led blockade against Qatar, a Sunni state, and the aforementioned weakening of Lebanese Sunnis through its treatment of Hariri. “How does Saudi Arabia advance Sunnis by humiliating the Sunnis of Lebanon?” Parsi said.
- WATCH: Russia Today – Anti-Islam agenda promoted from the top in US November 14, 2017
The heated language of Trump’s presidential campaign is affecting American Muslims, who find themselves increasingly on the receiving end of hate crimes. A year into Trump’s presidency, how will his words and decisions affect the country’s Islamic minority? We ask Trita Parsi, former unofficial Obama administration’s adviser and head of ...
- Alternet: How Trump’s CIA Used Bin Laden Files and a Neocon Think Tank to Escalate Tensions With Iran November 13, 2017
“As the nuclear issue has been resolved and cannot be used as a casus belli since the Iranians are abiding by the agreement, there is a search for another pretext to drive the situation towards a confrontation,” said Parsi, the author of Losing an Enemy: Obama, Iran and the Triumph ...
- PBS: The Tavis Smiley Show – Professor and Author Trita Parsi Discusses His New Book November 8, 2017
Watch Trita Parsi discuss his new book on the Tavis Smiley show on PBS.
- CommonDreams: Saudi Crown Prince ‘Hungry for War’ and Trump Seems Perfectly ‘Eager to Comply’ November 7, 2017
Trita Parsi, president of the National Iranian American Council, argued on Twitter Monday that Saudi Arabia’s increasingly belligerent behavior is part of a broader effort to drag the U.S. into another war in the region, and “Trump seems eager to comply.”
- Meri News: Crown prince Mohammed bin Salman promises Saudi Arabia’s ‘return to moderate Islam’ October 26, 2017
Adam Weinstein, Policy Associate, National Iranian American Council and Veteran of Afghanistan writes that Saudi Arabia and not Iran is the ‘biggest state sponsor of terrorism in the world today’ and also the ‘source of most radical Islamic extremism’.
- BBC Newshour: Two US judges order a freeze on Trump’s third travel ban October 19, 2017
“I have friends and colleagues who had to cancel weddings, who had to figure out how they were going to be able to ever see their grandparents again,” said Jamal Abdi, policy director at the National Iranian American Council.
- Between the Lines: Trump’s Decertification of Iran Nuclear Deal Isolates and Weakens U.S. October 18, 2017
“By decertifying, it doesn’t do anything on its own. But what it does is it kicks off a 60-days period in Congress where there are expedited rules to introduces sanctions legislation to snap back the sanctions that were eased under the nuclear deal,” said Jamal Abdi.
- Rolling Stone: Trump’s Wrecking Ball Aims at Iran Accord October 14, 2017
He really does seem to hate everything that has Obama’s name on it, and the fact that he has to certify what is an Obama accomplishment, and do it every three months, seems really to have put him off balance,” says Trita Parsi, president of the National Iranian American Council