To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please call Jamal Abdi at (202) 386-6408.
- Buzzfeed: The Senate Vote Was About Saudi Arabia But Some Hope It Also Sends A Message About Iran December 14, 2018
Sina Toossi, a research associate at the National Iranian American Council, said the prohibition of Iranians from entering the US is particularly worrisome since Iranians wanting to flee their country are among the nationalities most affected by the Trump administration’s move to limit travel to the US.
- Common Dreams: Urging Lawmakers to Stand Up to Trump’s War Hawks, Report Outlines US Path Back to Compliance with Iran Deal November 19, 2018
With the United States’ standing in the global community at risk, the new Congress set to adjourn in January must prioritize mitigating the damage President Donald Trump did when he announced last May that the U.S. would exit the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, according to a new report by the ...
- The Independent: Trump administration hawks putting US on course for war with Iran, report warns November 19, 2018
Senior members of the US administration, which has pulled out of the nuclear deal with Tehran unilaterally, have vocalized its desire to destroy the agreement and cripple the Iranian economy in the process, the document prepared by the National Iranian American Council (NIAC) points out.
- USA Today: President Trump’s sanctions bring fear and misery for Iran’s air travelers, aviation industry November 12, 2018
The “sad state” of Iran’s aviation industry is pretty clear, said Trita Parsi, the founder of the Washington-based National Iranian American Council, which advocates for greater understanding between the Iranian and American people. “In Iran, people routinely talk about which airlines to avoid,” he said.
- Tehran Times: Trump’s ‘Iran sanctions’ bluster boomerangs November 6, 2018
The National Iranian-American Council also jumped in with their own GOT-inspired meme, saying “Donald Trump is a literal White Walker, fear-mongering, war-mongering and championing division at every opportunity for political gains.”
- CNBC: US sanctions will push Tehran’s hardliners to the fore, Iranian American council warns November 5, 2018
The reimplementation of U.S. sanctions on Iran will benefit the hard-line faction within the Middle East country, according to the Washington, D.C.-based National Iranian American Council (NIAC).
- The Washington Post: ‘I will stand against you:’ The Trump-Iran crisis is literally unfolding through ‘Game of Thrones’ dialogue November 3, 2018
The National Iranian American Council, which has condemned Trump’s plan to scuttle an Obama-era nuclear deal and reimpose all sanctions, sees the president as less of a Stark than a White Walker — “fear-mongering, war-mongering, and championing division at every opportunity.”
- The Iranian: General Soleimani Responds To President Trump November 3, 2018
One would figure that an Iranian response would be forthcoming from foreign secretary Javad Zarif, a man with a sharp sense of humor and who does not shy away from needling opponents/adversaries. But to everyone’s surprise, it is General Soleimani (Quds Force commander) who has responded to President Trump’s tweet. ...
- USA Today: HBO, ‘Game of Thrones’ stars fire back at Trump’s ‘Sanctions are Coming’ post November 2, 2018
The National Iranian-American Council also added its own “GoT” metaphor, tweeting, “Donald Trump is a literal White Walker, fear-mongering, war-mongering, and championing division at every opportunity for political gain.”
- EW: HBO to Trump: Quit using Game of Thrones without permission November 2, 2018
The National Iranian-American Council, an organization that seeks to promote better U.S.-Iran relations, had a GoT-referencing response as well: “Donald Trump is a literal White Walker, fear-mongering, war-mongering, and championing division at every opportunity for political gain.”
- The Hill: Trump set to reimpose all nuclear sanctions on Iran November 2, 2018
“These sanctions are a slap in the face to the Iranian people who have been squeezed between the repression of their government and the pressure of international sanctions for decades,” Jamal Abdi, president of the National Iranian American Council, said in a statement.
- USA Today: Top Trump officials say new U.S. sanctions will choke Iran’s economy November 2, 2018
“These sanctions are a slap in the face to the Iranian people who have been squeezed between the repression of their government and the pressure of international sanctions for decades,” Jamal Abdi, president of the National Iranian American Council, said in a statement ahead of Pompeo’s announcement.
- Newsweek: ‘SANCTIONS ARE COMING’: DONALD TRUMP TWEETS ‘GAME OF THRONES’ WARNING TO IRAN November 2, 2018
In a statement, the Washington-based National Iranian American Council called Trump “a literal White Walker, fear-mongering, war-mongering, and championing division at every opportunity for political gain,” referencing the series’ humanoid, zombie-like creatures that dwell in the frosty regions north of the wall in Westeros.
- PBS: Trump administration restores Iran sanctions, critic says policy has ‘proven track record of failure’ November 2, 2018
On Monday, the Trump administration is expected to take its most aggressive step in countering Iran since withdrawing from the nuclear deal. The U.S. will reimpose a massive set of sanctions targeting more than 700 entities. Nick Schifrin discusses the move with Brian Hook, Senior Policy Advisor to the Secretary ...
- The Iranian: Get This, US Blames Iran For Impoverishing Civilians While Prepping Further Sanctions November 1, 2018
“Not only is he not being accurate, he is lying,” Trita Parsi of the National Iranian American Council told the Real News of Pompeo’s remarks.