NIAC Hiring Office Administrator (Update: Filled)
This position has been filled.
The National Iranian American Council (NIAC) is looking for a highly motivated and dedicated Office Administrator to join our team in early September. Reporting to the Director of Operations, NIAC’s Office Administrator provides overall administrative support to the organization and its staff to help advance our mission of strengthening the voice of Iranian Americans and promoting greater understanding between the American and Iranian people.
- Donation Processing & Database Management – Process donations and maintain donor records in Salesforce NGO Connect. Provide ongoing maintenance of supporter records and account information to ensure clean and accurate data. Prepare and mail correspondence as appropriate to donors and supporters.
- Financial & Accounting – Assistant external accountant by coding expenses and revenues in QuickBooks Online. Process invoices and reimbursements for payment. Prepare checks for signature to pay bills/invoices as needed. Maintain an organized filing system for financial records.
- Handle Phone and Email Inquiries – Route or respond to incoming calls and email inquiries as appropriate.
- Recruit and Manage Interns – Place ads as needed to recruit for internships; maintain correspondence with applicants; interview and screen intern applicants.
- Office – Maintain inventory of supplies and order office supplies and equipment as needed. Maintain office space appearance and maintenance.
- Support Director of Operations – Provides support with additional duties as required.
- Prepare Marketing Lists – Utilize NIAC’s database to create lists for targeted outreach by NIAC’s Outreach staff, President, and event host committees.
- Travel Logistics – Book airfare and lodging accommodations for traveling staff and guest speakers.
- Event Support – May provide periodic assistance for NIAC events to events’ manager.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 1-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with QuickBooks Online and/or general accounting experience
- Experience working with Salesforce strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with the Iranian-American community and Persian (Farsi) language ability a major plus
- Enthusiasm for NIAC’s mission
- Good organization and time management skills
- Must take initiative and be resourceful
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Attention to detail
Send cover letter and resume to David Elliott at email@example.com with “office administrator” in the subject line. No calls please.
Salary for the position is $35,000 – $42,000, depending on experience. Compensation includes Fortune 100-style benefits:
- Generous medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance plan subsidies (a value of at least $3,600.)
- 15 days of annual paid leave and 12 paid holidays
- 401K with 2% company match