(Update: Filled) NIAC Hiring Digital Communications Manager
NIAC is seeking a Digital Communications Manager for immediate hire to work at our Washington, DC headquarters. The Digital Communications Manager is responsible for leading and managing NIAC’s digital communications, including its websites, social media, printed materials, and videos. S/he works with the Outreach Director and senior leadership to devise NIAC’s overarching marketing strategy. The Communications Manager reports to the Outreach Director. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, in consultation with the Outreach Director and senior leadership, and execute NIAC’s digital marketing strategy.
- Publish and disseminate NIAC’s content on the website and social media accounts, utilizing best practices to maximize distribution and effectiveness.
- Manage NIAC’s social media presence, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- Prepare and send all NIAC emails using Mailchimp.
- Manage NIAC websites, including design, banner images, and quality control.
- Measure and assess the effectiveness of NIAC’s online marketing activities utilizing Google Analytics, Mailchimp, and other relevant tools. Develop recommendations for new strategies and tactics to increase reach and effectiveness of NIAC’s digital communications to meet organizational goals.
- Create and manage NIAC’s Google Adwords and social media advertising campaigns.
- Oversee graphics, video and social media work of interns, including any dedicated digital communications interns.
- Design and create (or manage the creation by an outside designer) NIAC’s digital and printed marketing content (graphics, videos, designed layouts for marketing materials, online landing pages, etc.) that inform, strengthen NIAC’s brand, advance NIAC’s goals, and/or advertise upcoming events.
- Create (or manage the creation by an outside designer) NIAC’s visual branding for all events (logos, flyers, website design, email design, etc) in consultation with the Outreach Director.
- Monitor communications challenges and opportunities, taking the initiative and working with the relevant departments to address these as needed.
- Two plus years of digital communications experience
- Undergraduate degree. Marketing, communications, political science, international relations, or related field preferred.
- Experience with HTML, Google Analytics, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and Mailchimp
- Familiarity with Digital Advertising platforms such as Google AdWords and Facebook
- Experience with graphic design and multimedia production, including video, strongly preferred.
- Experience with digital advocacy campaigns preferred
- Familiarity with NIAC’s mission, U.S. Iran relations, and the Iranian American community preferred
- Persian language knowledge a plus
Qualities that will thrive in this position:
- The selected candidate may not have all of the desired experiences and skills, but must be willing to learn new skills and tackle new challenges
- Strong self-starter, entrepreneurial; eager to present new ideas to the team
- Willing to do what it takes to get a high quality, polished project done; low ego, high focus on quality, open to honest feedback and collaboration
- Hard worker, can do flexible hours and manage his/her time independently; understands that changing the nature of U.S-Iran relations and strengthening Iranian Americans’ voice doesn’t always happen between 9 and 5
- Strong attention to detail while being able to think strategically and understand the larger vision.
- Works effectively independently and in a team environment
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and creative
- Ability to manage multiple daily deadlines and multiple assignments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead, influence, and work across departments
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Mahsa Payesteh at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Digital Communications Manager”.
Salary & Benefits: Salary range is $40,000 to $50,000, depending on experience. Fortune 100-style benefits include:
- Generous health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance plans
- 15 days of annual paid leave and 12 paid holidays
- 401k with 2% company match
- Paid family leave
- Tax-advantaged commuter benefits program
- Additional benefits through TotalSource benefits partner include: training opportunities, corporate discounts, and Employee Assistance Program
The National Iranian American Council is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening the voice of Iranian Americans and promoting greater understanding between the American and Iranian people. We accomplish our mission through expert research and analysis, civic and policy education, and community building.
We are the 501(c)3 sister organization of NIAC Action, the grassroots, civic action organization committed to advancing peace and championing the priorities of the Iranian-American community.