Update: The position has been filled.
The National Iranian American Council (NIAC), the largest grassroots organization representing Iranian Americans, seeks a highly motivated individual to join the NIAC team as a Community Outreach Associate. The selected candidate will work full-time from NIAC’s Washington, DC office.
Specific duties include:
- Community Outreach – Provide support to the Director of Outreach in the execution of all department activities, including membership recruitment, grassroots trainings, and generally representing NIAC to the Iranian-American community and other stakeholders.
- Handle Phone and Email Inquiries – Route or respond to incoming calls and email inquiries as appropriate. Greet guests to the NIAC office.
- In-District meetings – Assist NIAC’s Outreach Director and Policy team as requested to help coordinate in-district meetings for NIAC members with their elected representatives, including as part of NIAC’s Leadership Conference and California Action Summit.
- Web Content – Post NIAC content on the website, including relevant NIAC-in-the-news content, and ensure that content is posted on Twitter, and share it with NIAC’s Graphics and Communications Associate for inclusion on Facebook.
- Email Newsletter – Prepare and send NIAC’s newsletter for sending on Thursday mornings, and prepare occasional stand-alone emails upon the request of NIAC’s Outreach Director.
- Event Planning and Marketing – Assist with certain aspects of event planning and marketing for NIAC’s Leadership Conference, California Action Summit, Fundraisers, and other events, in coordination with NIAC’s Outreach Director and Office and Events Administrator. Specific responsibilities include:
- Event Oversight – Interact with external parties in an eloquent, knowledgeable, and professional manner at NIAC events, proactively monitoring events and addressing potential issues.
- Vendor Selection – Negotiate and arrange services including but not limited to catering, A/V, meeting space, photographers, and transportation for NIAC events as needed, coordinating with the Office and Events Administrator for payments.
- Event Apps – Enter in all event information into NIAC’s Guidebook app for major conferences, ensuring the accuracy and elegant presentation of all information.
- Event Marketing – Engage in targeted outreach to sell tickets to NIAC events, and communicate with event host committees to ensure strong ticket sales.
- Event Planning – Assist in all aspects of event planning and conceptualization including but not limited to: venue research, speaker selection, marketing and branding, and program agenda.
- Event Correspondence – Draft event speaker invitations and sponsorship requests.
Candidates should have a combination of the following experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Must take initiative, working cooperatively and proactively with colleagues
- Persian (Farsi) language skills and familiarity with the Iranian-American community
- Strong commitment to advancing NIAC’s mission
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong attention to detail required
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to learn other software/services rapidly. Familiarity with WordPress, HTML, and/or web/graphic design software a plus.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, short writing sample, and 3 professional references to: David Elliott at [email protected]. No calls please.Back to top