Update: This position has been filled.
We’re looking for a Director of Finance and Administration with proven experience in nonprofit management, accounting, budgeting, human resources, and office administration! The Director of Finance and Administration will be responsible for financial and administrative management for NIAC and NIAC Action. This position reports to NIAC’s President.
About NIAC: The National Iranian American Council is the largest grassroots organization representing Americans of Iranian descent. Join our team and help to advance peace and diplomacy with Iran, secure equitable immigration policies, and protect the civil rights of all Americans.
Finance & Accounting – Oversee all aspects related to NIAC and NIAC Action’s finances and accounting, including the following responsibilities:
• Lead annual organization budgeting process for NIAC and NIAC Action in coordination with President and department directors
• Present budget proposals and financial reports to Board of Directors
• Oversee accounting processes, cash flow, internal controls, audits, and 990 preparation in partnership with bookkeeper, accountant and auditor
• Review coding, reconcile accounts and prepare monthly financial reports
• Prepare monthly departmental budget vs actuals reports for review with department directors and overall report for President to support adherence to budget and forecast revisions
• Assist with development of grant proposal budgets and prepare grant financial reports
Human Resources – Manage HR processes in consultation with the President and ADP, including:
• Administer and oversee human resources policies, compliance, evaluations, insurance, and benefits
• Support hiring process and onboard/offboard employees and interns
• Maintain employee records and submit payroll for processing by ADP
• Measure employee engagement and satisfaction, and work with CEO to promote company culture
• Review and approve employee timesheets
Management and Administration –
- Manage Office Administrator
- Oversee office operations and ensure they are running efficiently and effectively
- Oversee compliance with relevant regulations and filing of necessary reports
- Manage vendor relationships and review contracts as needed
- Oversee company IT assets and IT security
- 5 – 10 years of financial and office administration experience
- Relevant bachelor’s degree, Accounting degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement best practices in financial and operations management
- Solid knowledge of non-profit organizations, GAAP standards and accounting.
- Proven experience managing the quality and content of all financial and accounting data, reporting, and coordinating audits for an organization or significant department/program.
- Solid understanding of nonprofit, 501(c)3, 501(c)4, and PAC regulatory compliance strongly preferred
- Knowledgeable of best practices in human resources management.
- Experience with Quickbooks Online a plus
- Experience with IT systems and security a plus
- Dedication to NIAC’s mission and work
NIAC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary Range: $70,000 – $90,000, depending on experience and qualifications. Fortune 100-style benefits include:
- Generous health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance plans
- 17+ days of annual paid leave and 12 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Paid family leave
Submit a resume, along with a cover letter to David Elliott at [email protected] with the subject line “Director of Finance and Administration”. E-mail submissions only please.Back to top