The National Iranian American Council seeks an energetic and aggressive advancement professional. The Advancement Officer will support the Director of Advancement by developing, strategizing, implementing and coordinating fundraising and donor relations & engagement programs designed to increase financial resources and enhance NIAC’s reputation. The position will work closely with event committees, leadership councils and at times with board members directly. This position has primary oversight of NIAC’s donor giving programs including the President’s Leadership Circle and The President’s Club. The ideal candidate must have excellent relationship management and organizational skills, be entrepreneurial and self-motivating, be a self-starter, have good communication and presentation skills, a good problem solver, be innovative, creative and adaptable and be comfortable working with donors, volunteers, staff and Board of Directors. Must be passionate about NIAC’s mission and be able to promote the work and events of the organization. Position reports and provides significant administrative support to the Director of Advancement.
The National Iranian American Council is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening the voice of Iranian Americans and promoting greater understanding between the American and Iranian people. We accomplish our mission through expert research and analysis, civic and policy education, and community building.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The mission of the Advancement Department is to elevate NIAC’s reputation, help build and strengthen its financial resources, and to expand its network and influence through strategic communications and internal and external stakeholder engagement.
The Advancement Department promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of the NIAC by enhancing awareness, engagement and financial support among constituents vital to the organization’s success. The common goal is to connect NIAC’s various stakeholders and constituencies and allies through strategies and programs designed to build long-term relationships and support for the organization.
The Advancement Department is comprised of three primary units with the following responsibilities: Development, Community Relations, and Special Events & Donor Programs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to support the creation of cultivation and solicitation events that identify new potential major prospects and strengthen the relationships with existing donors.
- Ability to articulate our complex work and inspire new donors to connect with our mission.
- Implement and execute donor programs including the President’s Circle and the President’s Club.
- Help develop and track event goals, timelines, and budgets.
- Partner with marketing & communications team to create engaging and impactful donor communications.
- Coordinate all aspects of donor solicitation including sponsor letters, invitations, evites, and post-event thank you letters.
- Help track income and expenses for all events.
- Coordinate sponsorships and major gifts for annual events and respond to donor and public inquiries about events.
- Process and record gifts and maintain donor records in EveryAction database.
- Mail thank you letters and other correspondence as appropriate to donors and supporters in coordination with Advancement Director.
- Support Director of Advancement in creating and cultivating relationships with donors and volunteers.
- Support and develop corporate donor relationships.
- Develop and manage donor stewardship and engagement programs.
- Support the Director of Advancement with meeting and travel logistics.
- Support the Director of Advancement with grant submission and reporting projects.
- Experience in nonprofit or higher education preferred
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- High energy approach and dedication to success
- Capacity for strategic leadership and judgment
- Complex project management experience
- Sales or fundraising experience
- Demonstrated ability to be entrepreneurial and self-motivating
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with EveryAction or other CRM databases preferred.
- College graduate or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in policy regarding peace & diplomacy, immigration, and civil and human rights and/or interest in the Iranian-American or immigrant communities preferred
- Ability to speak Persian (Farsi) a major plus
NIAC believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or marital status.
The above statements are of a general nature and are intended to describe the level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties of the position.
This position can be based out of DC (preferred), NYC (remote) or San Francisco (remote). For more information about the NIAC please visit niacouncil.org.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary Range: $45,000 – $52,000, depending on experience. Fortune 100-style benefits include:
- Generous health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance plans
- 15+ days of annual paid leave and 12 paid holidays
- 401k with 2% company match
- Paid family leave
Submit a resume, along with a cover letter to: Hamid Jahangard, director of advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mail submissions only/no phone inquiries.
Qualified candidates will be invited to complete an online questionnaire. Responses will be sent only to individuals meeting the outlined qualifications of the position.Back to top