The National Iranian American Council (NIAC) is looking for a highly motivated and dedicated Office Administrator to join our team. The Office Administrator provides accounting and administrative support to NIAC and its staff to help advance our mission of strengthening the voice of Iranian Americans and promoting greater understanding between the American and Iranian people. S/he reports to the COO.
- Financial & Accounting: Assistant external accountant by coding expenses and revenues in QuickBooks Online. Process invoices and reimbursements for payment. Prepare checks for signature to pay bills/invoices as needed. Prepare bank deposits. Gather and organize account statements for reconciliation by accountant.
- Donation Processing & Database Management: Process donations and maintain donor records in EveryAction database. Provide ongoing maintenance of supporter records and account information to ensure clean and accurate data. Mail correspondence as appropriate to donors and supporters in coordination with Development Consultant. Provide donor database support to other staff members as needed.
- Reception & Inquiry Management: Welcome and direct visitors and route or respond to incoming calls and email inquiries as appropriate. Process mail.
- Recruit and Manage Interns: Place ads as needed to recruit for internships; maintain correspondence with applicants; interview, screen, and onboard interns.
- Document Management: Manages document retention and maintains an organized filing system for financial and other retained records.
- Office Upkeep: Maintain inventory of supplies and order office supplies and equipment as needed. Maintain office space appearance and arrange repairs as needed.
- Budgeting Support: Prepare budget for basic office supplies and services.
- Travel Logistics: Book airfare and lodging accommodations for traveling staff as requested.
- Employee Records: Assists the COO with employee onboarding, ensure timesheets are completed on time, and maintain accurate records for employee holiday requests.
- Organize Staff Gatherings: Plan in-house or off-site activities, such as intern appreciate lunches or holiday gatherings
- Meeting Management and Reporting: Assist with meeting agenda preparation, maintain and distribute accurate meeting notes, and assist with preparation of monthly reports to the Board
- Other Support: Provides support with additional administrative and other duties as required by the COO or Executive Director, and may support NIAC events as needed.
- Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s preferred)
- Experience with QuickBooks Online and/or general accounting experience
- Relevant work experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Familiarity with the Iranian-American community and Persian (Farsi) language ability a major plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Support for NIAC’s mission
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized with solid time management skills
- Highly responsible, takes initiative and finds ways to improve systems and outcomes
- Manages and communicates up effectively
- Excellent communications and customer service skills
Send cover letter and resume to David Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Office Administrator” in the subject line. No calls please.
Salary for the position is $35,000 – $42,000, depending on experience. Compensation includes Fortune 100-style benefits:
- Generous medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance plan subsidies (a value of at least $3,600.)
- 15 days of annual paid leave and 12 paid holidays
- 401K with 2% company match