With a little less than three weeks remaining in the legislative session, Congress seems to be readying for last-minute action on H.Con.Res. 362, the Iran Blockade Resolution.
Yesterday, eight members of Congress joined onto the bill as cosponsors, while at the same time Rep. John Lewis [D-GA-5] withdrew his name as a cosponsor.
The newest supporters of the bill are:
- Rep Hall, John J. [D-NY-19]
- Rep Fattah, Chaka [D-PA-2]
- Rep Napolitano, Grace F. [D-CA-38]
- Rep Chandler, Ben [D-KY-6]
- Rep DeGette, Diana [D-CO-1]
- Rep Tsongas, Niki [D-MA-5]
- Rep Bordallo, Madeleine Z. [D-GU]
- Rep Richardson, Laura [D-CA-37]
All Congress needs to do is go three more weeks without voting on this bill and it will die in committee. Write your Congressmen today and tell them to oppose this dangerous resolution!
Update: 2 more signed on Tuesday, Rep. Jim McCrery [R-LA-4] and Rep. Wally Herger [R-CA-2].