X

News & Publications

According to Emruz, Mahmoud Rezaeian, Director of Behesht Zahra cemetery resigned (after 18 years of holding this position) after the rumor of “mass burial” in a Tehran cemetery of people killed in post-election protests raised up.
The reformist website Norooz said last week that tens of people were buried in unnamed graves in the Behesht Zahra cemetery on July 12 and 15 — about a month after the election, which sparked widespread street protests. Norooz did not say how those who were buried there had died. “Parliament is investigating a rumor about a mass burial of post-vote detainees,” the Paliament News quoted MP Hamidreza Katouzian as saying. “We cannot deny or confirm the case at the current time and if it is needed we will visit Behesht Zahra.”
As you see in the videos there is no name on these graves and they are recognized only by numbers. One of the Behesth Zahra staffs told Norooz that on the nights of July 12th and 15th about 44 burial permits were issued by Behest Zahra for unknown bodies.
[youtube=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y8mdzCAEAQ”]
[youtube=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMmJ50IBDYk”]

Back to top