Graphics & Communications Intern
Now accepting Spring & Summer applicants
The National Iranian American Council (NIAC) is accepting internship applications for individuals interested in working with our policy and outreach teams on graphics, social media and communications at our Washington, D.C. office. NIAC will assist in helping students receive credit for their internship. This is an unpaid internship.
NIAC is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing the interests of the Iranian-American community for peace, democracy, and universal rights. We accomplish our mission by supplying the resources, knowledge and tools to enable greater civic participation by Iranian Americans and informed decision-making by lawmakers.
The Graphics and Communications Intern will perform the following tasks in coordination with relevant staff. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Draft marketing messages for NIAC events (fundraisers, conferences, members-only events, etc)
- Create and spread visually appealing, rapid and catchy visuals, videos and memes that teach members critical points in NIAC policies and relevant current events
- Strengthen NIAC’s overall brand
- Inject NIAC’s voice into the broader public debate
- Analyze the effectiveness of NIAC’s online efforts and communicate the results to relevant staff members; working with staff to make adjustments as necessary for optimal effectiveness
- Assist in managing NIAC’s visual branding for all events, logos, flyers, website design, email design, etc.
- Assist in monitoring risks and opportunities in U.S-Iran related news and NIAC’s policy / field efforts, and come up with ideas for cutting edge campaigns that complement and strengthen existing NIAC efforts
- Manage NIAC and NIAC Action websites and social media platforms: Facebook, YouTube and Twitter; and post pre-approved content
- Guide fellow interns as they support graphic/video design and marketing initiatives
NIAC seeks individuals with these specific skills who are highly motivated to support NIAC’s work.
- Exceptional communication skills; can visualize as well as convey a message into relevant, accessible, and interesting content
- Strong attention to detail, both in copy editing and visual imagery
- Knowledge in HTML preferred
- Experience with WordPress preferred
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop strongly preferred (but not required)
- Experience with video editing a plus
- Has recently obtained or is pursuing a degree, ideally in Marketing, Communications, and/or Design
- PR/Marketing experience preferred
- Social Media Marketing experience on all major social media platforms – Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube strongly preferred
- Written and spoken fluency in Persian a plus
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and an original graphic design sample to Sahar Roodehchi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your cover letter please specify how many hours you are able to work and what your desired start and end dates are. The duration of this internship will be as follows:
Spring session: April 15th-June 14th
Summer session: June 14th- Aug 23rd
Dates may vary depending on availability.
Write the following in the subject of your email: Graphics & Communications Internship [insert your name]
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. NIAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.