Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist
Full Time, Exempt
The Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist (“Digital Specialist”) is responsible for leading and managing NIAC’s digital communications and marketing presence, including its website, social media, videos, graphics, and other online and printed materials. The Digital Specialist ensures that all digital content is created and executed in line with the organizations’ brand and that it is then evaluated for effectiveness. S/he works with the Communications Director and senior leadership to devise and implement NIAC’s overarching communications, marketing, and brand strategy. The Digital Specialist reports to the Communications Director. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Visibility and Brand
- Work with the Communications Director to strengthen NIAC’s brand, boost visibility, advance its mission, and build its digital base.
- Manage NIAC’s web and social media presence, including the website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Medium accounts, with the aim of boosting engagement.
- Design NIAC’s updated visual brand and ensure it is implemented across all marketing collateral (e.g. event flyers, email design, event invitations).
- Ensure that all digital materials adhere to NIAC’s brand and image and fits into the organization’s overarching communications and brand strategy.
- Design, create, and send out NIAC’s weekly newsletter and Iran Unfiltered digest.
- Design NIAC’s digital and printed marketing content, including graphics, videos, layouts for marketing materials, standalone landing pages, and more.
- Design and coordinate emails in consultation with appropriate department using EveryAction.
- Publish and disseminate NIAC’s content on the website and social media accounts, utilizing best practices to maximize distribution, reach, and engagement.
- Manage, or assist the Communications Director in managing, all major communications projects, such as landing pages and videos.
- Work with outside consultants to create and manage NIAC’s Google Adwords, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube digital advertising campaigns, including by drafting ad copy and graphics and targeting appropriate audience segments.
- Track, analyze, and report on the effectiveness of NIAC’s online engagement campaigns, with the aim of boosting engagement and conversions, assisting in digital fundraising campaigns, and optimizing lead generation.
- Devise and execute digital and social media strategies for campaigns and organizational events, including fundraisers, advocacy efforts, social events, and conferences.
- Support Communications Director in monitoring communications challenges and opportunities, taking the initiative and working with the relevant departments to address these as needed.
- Oversee communications interns.
- Provide media relations assistance to the Communications Director as needed, including by assisting in routing reporters and press inquiries.
- Four plus years of digital communications and marketing experience.
- Undergraduate degree. Marketing, communications, English, journalism, political science, international relations, or a related field preferred.
- Experience with HTML, Google Analytics, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and Mailchimp
- Familiarity with CRM platforms like EveryAction preferred.
- Familiarity with Digital Advertising platforms, such as Google AdWords and Facebook
- Experience with graphic design and multimedia production, including video, strongly preferred.
- Experience with digital advocacy campaigns preferred
- Familiarity with NIAC’s mission, the political landscape, and the Iranian-American community preferred
- Persian language knowledge a plus
Qualities that will thrive in this position:
- Strong self-starter, entrepreneurial, creative; eager to present new, bold ideas and solutions
- Willing to do what it takes to get a high quality, polished project done; low ego, high focus on quality, open to honest feedback and collaboration
- Hard worker, can do flexible hours and manage his/her time independently; understands that changing the nature of U.S-Iran relations and strengthening Iranian Americans’ voice doesn’t always happen between 9 and 5
- Strong attention to detail, while being able to think strategically and understand the larger vision
- Works effectively independently and in a team environment
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and creative
- Ability to manage multiple daily deadlines and multiple assignments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead, influence, and work across departments
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to Nicole Ataei at email@example.com with the subject line “Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist.”
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fortune 100-style benefits include:
- Generous health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance plans
- 15 days of annual paid leave and 12 paid holidays
- 401k with 2% company match
- Additional benefits through TotalSource benefits partner include: training opportunities, corporate discounts, and Employee Assistance Program
The National Iranian American Council (NIAC) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening the voice of Iranian Americans and promoting greater understanding between the American and Iranian people. We accomplish our mission through expert research and analysis, civic and policy education, and community building.
We are the 501(c)3 sister organization of NIAC Action, the grassroots, civic action organization committed to building political power for the Iranian-American community to advance peace and diplomacy with Iran, secure equitable immigration policies, and protect the civil rights of all Americans.