Position: Digital Associate
Reports To: Communications Director
Salary: $48,000-$58,000 (DOE)
The National Iranian American Council (NIAC) and our (c)(4) sister organization NIAC Action are dedicated to building political power for the Iranian-American community to advance peace & diplomacy, secure equitable immigration policies, and protect the civil rights of all Americans.
NIAC and NIAC Action are seeking a Digital Associate to take the lead on the email marketing program for the organizations, and help advance all digital marketing and communications efforts. The Digital Associate will be responsible for managing the communications calendar; drafting copy for emails, social media, and the website; working across departments to identify opportunities to advance the organizations’ missions; bolster our digital advocacy; and provide general organizational support as needed.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Email Marketing: Spearhead NIAC’s email marketing program in NGP EveryAction, including identifying opportunities to send member messages, drafting copy, setting-up emails, building targeted lists, generating reports, working with digital consultants to run email program for acquisition campaigns, and assisting with digital fundraising
- Website & Social Media: Manage NIAC’s website, including by drafting copy, updating the home page, posting content, creating landing pages, and more; manage NIAC’s social media channels, including by drafting copy and creatives for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Medium, YouTube, and more
- Digital Strategy: Support the Communications Director and digital consultants in devising and executing strategic digital marketing and communication plans to boost organizations visibility and reach and advance mission
- Digital Advocacy: Work with the Organizing, Policy, and Political departments to innovate and execute digital advocacy campaigns to further organization mission, including assisting with petitions and other action alerts to members
- Graphic Design & Creatives: Provide input to design consultants with a preference for being able to make minor edits and quick, easy graphics using tools like Canva or Photoshop
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience with CRMs, with a preference for experience with NGP EveryAction, Action Network, and ActBlue
- Have experience with WordPress, website design, and HTML
- Follow industry trends and suggest creative activations or worthwhile tests to lead a cutting-edge digital program
- Be an exceptional project manager, staying on top of multiple priorities to ensure everything is on-time and on-spec
- Be an excellent writer — draft compelling content, including social and email, and be able to code and deploy emails
- Have impeccable attention to detail so that content and assets are error free
- Ability to work well under time pressure, producing high-quality work quickly
- Work with various departments and digital consultants to formulate an online plan that augments efforts across the organization—and then execute on that plan
- Be analytical — understand performance numbers and make optimizations and recommendations informed by data
- 2-4 years of relevant experience; campaign experience preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead, influence, and work across departments
- Ability to work effectively remotely; DC-based is preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range for this position is $48,000-$58,000/year (DOE)
- Generous health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance plans
- Options to enroll in Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and pre-tax transit program
- 17 days of annual paid leave and 12 paid holidays
- 401k with 2% match
- Professional development budget
Interested candidates should send a resume, work samples, and two 150 word responses answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this digital associate role? What excites you about digital?
- What is your ideal work culture?
Please send material to NIAC Communications Director Mana Mostatabi at [email protected] and put “Digital Associate” in the subject line. Selected candidates will be invited to a screening as the next step.