The National Iranian American Council (NIAC) works to build political power so that Iranian Americans and our allies have influence on the decisions made by our government and can advance our values through civic and political engagement.
NIAC is seeking a remote Digital Associate who is responsible for leading NIAC’s digital advocacy and communication efforts. The Digital Associate will be responsible for drafting compelling and timely content that is in line with the organization’s goals and campaigns. This is a cross-functional role with opportunities to work across teams to tell NIAC’s story online.
Specifically the Digital Associate will be expected to:
- Ideate and draft content for NIAC’s online channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Medium, YouTube, and more.
- Manage and update NIAC’s site properties and be comfortable with WordPress
- Work with stakeholders and consultants to execute on strategic digital and communication plans
- Follow industry trends and suggest creative activations or worthwhile tests to lead a cutting-edge digital program
- Be an exceptional project manager, staying on top of multiple priorities to ensure everything is on-time and on-spec
- Be an excellent writer — draft compelling content, including social and email, and be able to code emails and deploy them
- Have impeccable attention to detail so that content and assets are error free
- Ability to work well under time pressure, producing high-quality work quickly
- Work with various departments and NIAC’s digital consultants to formulate an online plan that augments efforts across the organization—and then execute on that plan
- Be analytical — understand performance numbers and make optimizations and recommendations informed by data
- 2-3 years of relevant experience; campaign experience preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead, influence, and work across departments
- Ability to work effectively remotely; DC-based is preferred
Salary Range for this position is $48,000 – $50,000/Year (DOE). Fortune 100-style benefits include:
- Generous health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance plans
- 17 days of annual paid leave and 12 paid holidays
- 401k with 2% match
- Additional benefits include training opportunities and corporate discounts
Interested candidates should send a resume along with samples of work to Nicole Ataei at email@example.com with “Digital Associate” in the subject line. Selected candidates will be invited to a screening as the next step.