The National Iranian American Council (NIAC) works to build political power so that Iranian Americans and our allies have influence on the decisions made by our government and can advance our values through civic and political engagement.
NIAC is seeking a Finance and Administration Director who will be responsible for leading or managing all finance, accounting, and administrative activities for NIAC and NIAC Action, with support from the Administrative Assistant. This person must have proven experience in accounting, budgeting, nonprofit compliance, human resources, office administration, and operations.
This position reports to NIAC’s President and will require successful collaboration with the President, Deputy Executive Director, and all Departmental Directors. While this position can be done remotely, strong preference will be given to candidates based in the Washington, DC area.
Send resume and cover letter to Nilofar Ganjaie at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Finance and Administration Director”. Position will remain open until filled. Priority will be given to applications submitted by April 16, 2021.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance & Accounting
- Manage all aspects of finances and accounting across entities
- Lead annual organization budgeting process across entities, in coordination with President, Deputy Executive Director and Department Directors
- Create and present budget proposals, cash flow projections, financial reports and fiscal updates to the Board of Directors
- Oversee accounting processes, cash flow, internal controls, audits, and 990 preparation
- Review coding, reconcile accounts, prepare monthly financial reports
- Prepare monthly departmental budget vs actuals reports for review with department directors and overall report for President to support adherence to budget and forecast revisions
- Monitor all banking and credit card activity/transactions for accuracy and budgetary adherence
- Manage and ensure PCI Compliance for all entities
- Manage and ensure that all payable/receivable items are paid/received on time and in adherence with internal controls for all entities
- Assist with development of grant proposal budgets and prepare grant financial reports
- Submit payroll for processing via ADP
- Oversee administration of benefits including insurance policies
- Support technical aspects of hiring, onboarding, and offboarding processes
- Review and approve employee timesheets
- Oversee office and virtual office operations and ensure they are running efficiently and effectively
- Oversee compliance with relevant regulations and filing of necessary reports
- Oversee company IT assets and IT security
- 5+ years with accounting/bookkeeping, compliance, financial and office administration experience
- Relevant bachelor’s degree; accounting degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement best practices in financial and operations management
- Strong attention to detail required
- Proven experience managing the quality and content of all financial and accounting data, reporting, and coordinating audits for an organization or significant department/program
- Experience with Quickbooks Online and ADP strongly preferred
- Understanding of 501(c)(3) 501(c)(4) nonprofit compliance
- Knowledgeable of best practices in human resources management
- Understanding of GAAP standards
- Dedication to NIAC/NIAC Action’s mission and work
- Ability to speak Persian (Farsi) a plus, but not required
- Health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage provided
- 17+ days of annual paid leave and 12 paid holidays
- 401k with 2% company match after 6 months of employment
- Paid family leave
NIAC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.