The National Iranian American Council (NIAC) is accepting internship applications to work remotely with our team. Standard internships are full-time/part-time, unpaid positions for a duration of ten (10) weeks. NIAC will assist in helping students receive course credit for their internship.
About NIAC and NIAC Action:
NIAC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to educating, engaging, and celebrating the Iranian-American community. NIAC Action, the 501(c)(4) sister organization of NIAC, is dedicated to building political power for the Iranian-American community to advance peace and diplomacy, secure equitable immigration policies, and protect the civil rights of all Americans.
Due to COVID-19, NIAC and NIAC Action have adopted a flexible remote work policy for 2022. Fully vaccinated staff and interns will be required to attend some in-person meetings as needed.
Interns work with NIAC staff on a host of activities, including advocacy, community outreach, and organizational administration. Responsibilities vary depending on NIAC’s current initiatives, individual skillset, and organizational needs. The range of responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and research Congressional activities
- Attend and summarize Congressional hearings and policy briefings around Washington, DC
- Draft analyses and action alerts on issues related to foreign policy, immigration, and civil rights
- Write articles for NIAC’s website or publication at appropriate outlets
- Assist with program implementation, database management, community outreach, event planning, logistical support for organizational and member activities
- Applicants with strong creative skills may assist with graphic design, upkeep, and enhancements to NIAC’s website, and/or producing short videos that educate the community and/or highlight NIAC activities
- Applicants who are fluent in Farsi may assist with translating news from Iran for NIAC’s blog, translating NIAC materials to Farsi, and maintaining NIAC’s Farsi language website
- Assisting with general administrative duties
NIAC seeks individuals with a wide range of skills who are highly motivated to support NIAC’s mission and work.
- Current undergraduate/graduate student or recent graduate required
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Experience or demonstrated interest in the Iranian-American community, international relations, political science, public policy, civil rights, immigration, law, public relations, social media strategies, marketing, journalism, and/or graphic design required
- Self-motivated and highly versatile required
- Experience with day-to-day administrative work preferred
- Experience with Congress advocacy campaigns and/or grassroots organizations a plus but not required
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, WordPress, and/or other multimedia production tools a plus but not required
- Experience or interest in fundraising, donor sponsorships, and development a plus but not required
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the email subject line: NIAC Internship [insert your name].
In your cover letter, please specify how many hours you are able to work per week and what your desired start and end dates are. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and the program will run for approximately ten (10) weeks.
Dates may vary depending on availability.