Foreign Policy & Outreach Intern
Now accepting Summer applicants, Spring internship positions are FULL
The National Iranian American Council (NIAC) is accepting internship applications on a rolling basis to work with the foreign policy and community outreach teams at our Washington, DC office. Standard internships are full-time positions for a duration of one academic semester (spring, summer or fall) with exceptions possible for applicants who plan to be enrolled in classes during the internship. NIAC will assist in helping students receive credit for their internship. This is an unpaid internship.
NIAC is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing the interests of the Iranian-American community for peace, democracy, and universal rights. We accomplish our mission by supplying the resources, knowledge and tools to enable greater civic participation by Iranian Americans and informed decision-making by lawmakers.
Interns work with NIAC staff on advocacy and community outreach activities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and research Congressional activities
- Attend and summarize Congressional hearings and policy briefings around Washington, DC
- Draft analyses and action alerts on issues related to foreign policy, immigration and civil rights
- Write articles for NIAC’s website, op-eds for NIAC’s blog, NIAC inSight
- Assist with program implementation, database management, community outreach, event planning, logistical support for staff activities, and other administrative duties
- Applicants with strong creative skills may assist with graphic design, upkeep and enhancements to NIAC’s website, and/or producing short videos which educate the community and/or highlight NIAC activities
- Applicants who are fluent in Persian may assist with translating news from Iran for NIAC’s blog, translating NIAC materials to Persian, and maintaining NIAC’s Persian language website
NIAC seeks individuals with a wide range of skills who are highly motivated to support NIAC’s work.
- Current Undergraduate/Graduate student or recent graduate
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience or demonstrated interest in international relations, political science, public policy, law, public relations, social media strategies, marketing, journalism, and/or graphic design
- Self-motivating and highly versatile
- Experience with Congress advocacy campaigns and/or grassroots organizations
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, WordPress, and/or other multimedia production tools
- Experience or interest in fundraising, donor sponsorships and development
- Fluency in Persian (Farsi)
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and a short writing sample to Reza Khanzadeh at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. NIAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.