Latest News & Opinion
- NIAC Statement on the Exclusion of Khanna-Gaetz Amendment from NDAA December 10, 2019In response to the release of the FY2020 National Defense Authorization Act conference report, in which the Khanna-Gaetz amendment to prevent an unauthorized war with Iran was not included, Ryan Costello, Policy Director for the National Iranian American Council (NIAC), issued the following statement:
- NIAC Statement on Release of Xiyue Wang December 7, 2019Washington DC – Today, reports emerged that Chinese American Xiyue Wang was freed in a prisoner exchange following three years of unjust detention in Iran.
- Mousavi Denounces Killing of Protestors December 7, 2019In this week’s Iran Unfiltered, NIAC’s Sina Toossi covers the latest developments in Iran and the region for the week of December 2, 2019.
- Iran Gripped by Protests and Internet Shutdown November 23, 2019In this week’s Iran Unfiltered, NIAC’s Sina Toossi covers the latest developments in Iran and the region for the week of November 18, 2019.
- NIAC Urges Universities to Extend Admission Deadlines for Iranian Students amidst Internet Shutdown November 21, 2019“We ask all university administrators to extend deadlines as necessary to accommodate Iranian nationals seeking admission in light of recent turmoil in Iran. As documented by both human rights organizations and tech companies, the Iranian government has responded to protests with a brutal crackdown and that effectively shut down the ...